Weather-related marriage difficulties

Is there anyone here who could report weather-related marriage difficuties?

Clear or rainy, foggy or cold, windy or calm, do any kind of weather conditions seem to create difficulties in your marriages?

I am just curious about the influence of weather on romantic relationships.

Uhh . . . no. Not directly, anyway.

I do tend to get headaches when it's overcast, which makes me irritable, which sometimes causes tension between me and my fiance.:shrug:

I can only think of a couple of things - I think it’s important for the couple to agree on where they want to live in terms of climate. If one person is thinking Florida and someone else is thinking Boulder, CO, then there might be a problem :slight_smile:

Weather affects things like the commute to work and to school, for kids. Some people are not comfortable driving in the snow for example and probably wouldn’t like to live in a place where the winters are harsh. Other people find it hard to drive in the rain or fog.

Weather also affects vacations. If one person wants to go to the beach for vacation and the other person wants to go to the mountains, where there are not that many people around, they need to work it out.

I think it’s also important for the couple to discuss what the weather was like where they grew up and if they were happy with that or not, and if not, do they have strong enough feelings that it’s worth moving.

It can be easy to feel trapped in a place by finding work, schools, and a church there while not thinking about the weather, so it may be important to factor that in at the beginning of the decision-making process, as the couple is thinking about their marriage.

Personally I can’t think of any problems.

Magic.... think about what you are saying. Did you know this person who you married?
Weather related? Well, I choose 75 and Sunny with a light breeze. You must work for that if in the middle of a thunderstorm or there is a foot of snow on the ground.
I live in the North so PLENTY OF SNOW. The catch phrase is 'cabin fever' during the winter. We 'work' to ensure the house stays a home... not a cabin .... not a closet or prison. Find out what make each other happy. Spice it up. Bright colors. Yes in winter. Keeps the spirit up. Find out what makes her happy ..... but ensure you communicate to her how she makes you feel. True love demands honesty.
Good luck and God bless,

[quote="Magickman, post:1, topic:195992"]
Is there anyone here who could report weather-related marriage difficuties?

Clear or rainy, foggy or cold, windy or calm, do any kind of weather conditions seem to create difficulties in your marriages?

I am just curious about the influence of weather on romantic relationships.

[/quote]

when it is hot and muggy we get cranky
when it is cold and snowy and we are housebound we get on each others nerves
the storms of spring make all the deficiencies of this house more apparent so we fight about whose fault it is that maintenance was not done
fall is okay, except that is when football starts and I have to compete for attention with the TV

if you think your problems are related to the weather, that is the excuse, not the reason, for the problem. keep looking.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.