Weather reporter asked to cover up live on air

sfgate.com/news/article/Weather-reporter-asked-to-cover-up-live-on-air-7469975.php

They handled it poorly, but i think the dress was a poor choice

Cocktail dresses on weather reporters?

No need to dump on librarians! :wink: My mom was one, and she’s both fashionable and whips us at Jeopardy.

It would be embarrassing, though, to be corrected like that.

:slight_smile: One way of avoiding such incidents would be for the employer to have a clear dress code.

Fox had a story on it a while ago. Turns out it was just morning-show goofing around, a joke between the anchor and the weather girl. But, yeah, the dress was a little bit :eek: for my tastes, speaking as a very visually-oriented man.

I was wondering about that.

Any producer worth his paycheck would handle a real complaint more discretely

Yes, here is what she posted on her blog:

To be perfectly honest, the black beaded dress was a backup. The pattern on my original black and white dress didn’t work on the weather wall (for some reason, it turned semi-transparent), so after my first weather hit at 6am, I changed.

For the record, I was not ordered by KTLA to put on the sweater. I was simply playing along with my co-anchor’s joke, and if you’ve ever watched the morning show, you know we poke fun at each other all the time.

And, also for the record, there is no controversy at KTLA. My bosses did not order me to put on the cardigan, it was a spontaneous moment… I truly love my job, I like my bosses and enjoy working with my coworkers. Since talking to my team, I want our viewers to know it was never our intention to offend anyone. We are friends on and off the air and if you watch our newscast, you know that.

lifeofliberte.com/personal-thoughts-on-the-sweater-incident-that-went-viral/

The beaded black dress, not exactly normal wear for 8 AM, wasn’t what she planned on wearing. It simply happened to be in her office at a moment when she was in a pinch.

I have seen a lot worse on the news. Tune into “The Five” on Fox News. I don’t think that Kimberly Guilefoyle has ever warn anything that demure. :blush:

I really think it was a ratings stunt. 10,000,000 Americans will click on the story out of curiosity. (or as “scientific research” for all of the married men out there.) :blush:

:thumbsup: Thanks for doing further homework on this story :thumbsup:

In other words, she was going out for dinner or a party after work, so she had the other dress in her office to change into for later. And probably she had the cardigan for the same reason, unless it was her standard “keep warm in the office” sweater.

Heh. Probably the black and white pattern was one of those that confuses cameras. I’ve seen some newspeoples’ striped outfits turn into something psychedelic on camera…

Are any Catholics here actually offended by her dress?

If I had been her, I would not have worn it on the air, but offended – no. There are other more serious things that I save my offendedness for.

No. I thought it quite lovely. I do not understand the problem with it.

Some people are socially puritanical.

To even comment on this event shows how trivial people can be. Come on…it wasn’t what she looked like… it was the effect with the twinkling. Lets be real. I’m sure she is destined for hell in Jesus’ eye.

It is trivial. A nice change from troublesome and momentous news.

I always thought they preferred the attractive on air reporters and anchors to wear provocative, tight clothing…?? I know thats the way it was in the mid 90s at least, an ex-GF of mine had a sister that was a reporter for a medium sized market, I remember her always saying they wanted her to show more cleavage, shorter and tighter dresses, etc. She didnt like it, but apparently this was just how it was and most of the females just put up with it.

I dont think this has changed much since then really, the local female reporters and weather girls dress pretty darn skimpy whenever I watch the news.

Yes, actually the dress looked kinda slutty to me.

Are you a fascist?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.