Web Site Aims to Uncover Fakers in Fatigues

:clapping::extrahappy:

Web Site Aims to Uncover Fakers in Fatigues
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579336,00.html

Military impostors, beware: A Web site has been launched to root out fraudulent veterans and fakers in fatigues.
ReportStolenValor.org aims to expose people who fabricate or embellish military accomplishments by making it easier to report suspected Stolen Valor Act offenders to federal authorities and local media outlets.
AMVETS, an organization representing more than 250,000 veterans, will unveil the site Friday.
“As a veteran myself, it’s deeply offensive when someone claims to have served in uniform when they have not,” said Jay Agg, AMVET’s national communication director. “It’s just fundamentally wrong and an affront to all veterans.”
The Web site will also feature a link to the Military Times Hall of Valor, a comprehensive databaseof more than 26,000 military awards for valor searchable by service member, award and conflict.
The Stolen Valor Act, signed into law by President George W. Bushin December 2006, amended the provisions of previous laws concerning unauthorized usage, manufacture or sale of military decorations and medals. A violation of the law is a federal misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in prison and a $150,000 fine…

:clapping:

I was stationed in Germany in 1981 was this young Buck Sergeant with a 4th Infantry Division patch on his right sleeve. In the Army if you have a patch on your right sleeve that is the unit you served in combat with. The patch on the left is your current unit you’re stationed with.

Well I’m looking at the guy and he looked younger than me and I was too young to serve in Vietnam I’m a Vietnam era vet but I was never in the Nam. I studied Vietnam a lot because my brother was there and when I first joined the army they were still doing Vietnam training and my second duty assignment was in Central America where jungle training came into good use.

So I started talking to the guy and he told me he was in Vietnam but only six months and then they pulled the Division back to the World. That’s when alarm bells started ringing in my head because I knew the 4th Infantry Division only had one battalion left in Vietnam and it was pulled back to the States in 1972. This guy was lying.

I also noticed his pay voucher never made it to the platoon office. I found out later from the orderly room clerk that he came and picked up his pay voucher. Because a pay voucher shows your total years of service even if you gotten out of the service and came back in it combines those years.

Well the about year into his tour he took leave back to the World and I picked up the platoons pay voucher’s and guess what he’s only been in the service 5 years. I told the First Sergeant and when he got back to Germany he made him rip off the patch.

He found out I reported him and came to me ticked off I told him to get out of my face your disrespecting all those combat vets. If you want to throw down; anytime baby because your disrespecting my own brother.

The story doesn’t end here. He gets stationed back to the World goes in front of a promotion board [this guy is not the brightest light bulb]. On a promotion board the President of the board had you records [field 201 file] in front of him.

Of course the NCO’s on this board are all Vietnam vets. This guy walks in reports to the President of the board. Guess what he has that 4th Infantry Division patch on his Class A’s. Well you don’t tick off a bunch of Nam vets they had him busted down two grades. What an idiot! I was not there I was told about this a few years later.

I also remember when the Rambo movies came out there was a lot of people claiming they were Vietnam vets why people do this I don’t know.

Here’s another one we had this guy in our unit who was limping around and had special medical combat boots the front half of his right foot was gone. His name was Sergeant Ford and I was told he stepped on a landmine in Vietnam that’s how he got wounded.

Now indeed Ford was a Vietnam vet but nobody ever asked him on how he got wounded. Well he was the Platoon Sergeant and one day we had a Class A inspection he standing in front of the Platoon I looked at his ribbons no Purple Heart because if you in a official combat zone that’s what you’re awarded when wounded.

A few days later were in some German bar slamming some beer and I told Sergeant Ford, “Hey Sarge, I’m not buying your Vietnam landmine story?” He looked at me and said, “Sarge, I was stationed in Saigon in air conditioning it was the best duty assignment I’ve ever had I loved that country I never said I stepped on a landmine people just assume I did.”

“Well how in the heck did your legs get messed up?”

He gave me this big smile and said, “I got drunk in Las Vegas, while trying to cross the street I was run over by a car.” :eek:

There was about five or six of sitting at the bar man did we bust a gut over that one. Oh Sergeant Ford he was a good guy.:smiley:

Hiyas:)

I just LOVE this guy

Sunday, November 29, 2009

** WW II Battleship sailor tells Obama to shape up or ship out !**

This venerable and much honored WW II vet is well known in Hawaii for his seventy-plus years of service to patriotic organizations and causes all over the country. A humble man without a political bone in his body, he has never spoken out before about a government official, until now. He dictated this letter to a friend, signed it and mailed it to the president.

israelagainstterror.blogspot.com/2009/11/ww-ii-battleship-sailor-tells-obama-to.html

Brian Dennehy (actually starred in Rambo) was one of the first to get “exposed”.

ibiblio.org/cr/?p=111

Actor Brian Dennehy claimed for years to be a Marine Corps veteran who was wounded in Vietnam. His records show that while he was in the Marine Corps from 1959 to 1963, he was never in Vietnam. He was never wounded and never saw combat.

Vietnam veteran B.G. Burkett seems to have embarrassed quite a few people on this subject, including (fake but true) Dan Rather when he assembled his “The Wall Within” story for CBS that profiled six veterans that were traumatized by their combat experience in Vietnam. The problem was only one of them had actually seen combat in Vietnam.

[/font]

israelagainstterror.blogspot.com/2009/11/ww-ii-battleship-sailor-tells-obama-to.html

You just have to love Senior Chief Petty Officers. The link below shows a photo of him with some of our Navy troops.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/haroldestes.asp

Wow thanks I didn’t know this! :eek:

[/FONT]

May God bless that “very old geezer”. :love: I know I couldn’t have said it any better myself. :thumbsup:

lol. :smiley:

[quote="stanmaxkolbe, post:3, topic:178501"]
I was stationed in Germany in 1981 was this young Buck Sergeant with a 4th Infantry Division patch on his right sleeve. In the Army if you have a patch on your right sleeve that is the unit you served in combat with. The patch on the left is your current unit you’re stationed with.

Well I’m looking at the guy and he looked younger than me and I was too young to serve in Vietnam I’m a Vietnam era vet but I was never in the Nam. I studied Vietnam a lot because my brother was there and when I first joined the army they were still doing Vietnam training and my second duty assignment was in Central America where jungle training came into good use.

So I started talking to the guy and he told me he was in Vietnam but only six months and then they pulled the Division back to the World. That’s when alarm bells started ringing in my head because I knew the 4th Infantry Division only had one battalion left in Vietnam and it was pulled back to the States in 1972. This guy was lying.

I also noticed his pay voucher never made it to the platoon office. I found out later from the orderly room clerk that he came and picked up his pay voucher. Because a pay voucher shows your total years of service even if you gotten out of the service and came back in it combines those years.

Well the about year into his tour he took leave back to the World and I picked up the platoons pay voucher’s and guess what he’s only been in the service 5 years. I told the First Sergeant and when he got back to Germany he made him rip off the patch.

He found out I reported him and came to me ticked off I told him to get out of my face your disrespecting all those combat vets. If you want to throw down; anytime baby because your disrespecting my own brother.

The story doesn’t end here. He gets stationed back to the World goes in front of a promotion board [this guy is not the brightest light bulb]. On a promotion board the President of the board had you records [field 201 file] in front of him.

Of course the NCO’s on this board are all Vietnam vets. This guy walks in reports to the President of the board. Guess what he has that 4th Infantry Division patch on his Class A’s. Well you don’t tick off a bunch of Nam vets they had him busted down two grades. What an idiot! I was not there I was told about this a few years later.

I also remember when the Rambo movies came out there was a lot of people claiming they were Vietnam vets why people do this I don’t know.

[/quote]

When I was stationed in Alaska in the Air Force, we had a senior airman who went down to some local surplus store and picked up a whole bunch of surplus ribbons, and (very stupidly) put them on his dress blues. I was in the Squadron HQ one day (what we called the "Head Shed") when this guy came in, and he was stopped in the hallway by the squadron commander. I was maybe about twenty feet away, waiting for the 1st sergeant to return so I could complete my business, so I saw this whole thing take place. The colonel said, "That's quite a fruit salad you have there, son. Are you sure you're entitled to all those ribbons?"

The senior airman looked a little nervous, but he replied, "Oh, yes, sir!" The colonel pointed to one of the ribbons and asked, "Tell me, what's this one for?" The senior airman replied, "I'm not sure if I remember, sir." The colonel said, "Well, I can tell you what it's for---it's for service in the Spanish-American War. And this one here is for the Occupation of Cuba, and this one is for service in the 1875 Indian Wars. I want to see you in my office. Now."

The senior airman was looking mighty pale when he emerged, and I heard later that he'd been busted down to an airman first class and gotten an Article 15 to boot.

[quote="stanmaxkolbe, post:7, topic:178501"]
You just have to love Senior Chief Petty Officers. The link below shows a photo of him with some of our Navy troops.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/haroldestes.asp

[/quote]

Thank you:)
I hope Mr. Obama isn't dumb and send him a form-type letter back.
And hope Mr. Estes shares it with us.

[quote="Sabda, post:9, topic:178501"]
May God bless that "very old geezer". :love: I know I couldn't have said it any better myself. :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Amen!!

'One of the benefits of my age, perhaps the only one, is to speak my mind, blunt and direct even to the head man.'

He gives no quarter:D

I created that website when I was a General in Korea… Me and my aide de camp, Morgan Fairchild… yea THAT’s the ticket:p

(for all you old SNL fans)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I can see this guy was not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer. Man what is it with these people?

[quote="Brendan, post:14, topic:178501"]
I created that website when I was a General in Korea.... Me and my aide de camp, Morgan Fairchild... yea THAT's the ticket:p

(for all you old SNL fans)

[/quote]

:D

[quote="stanmaxkolbe, post:4, topic:178501"]

[FONT=Arial][size=3]A few days later were in some German bar slamming some beer and I told Sergeant Ford, “Hey Sarge, I’m not buying your Vietnam landmine story?” He looked at me and said, “Sarge, I was stationed in Saigon in air conditioning it was the best duty assignment I’ve ever had I loved that country I never said I stepped on a landmine people just assume I did.”[/size]

“Well how in the heck did your legs get messed up?”

He gave me this big smile and said, “I got drunk in Las Vegas, while trying to cross the street I was run over by a car.” :eek:

There was about five or six of sitting at the bar man did we bust a gut over that one. Oh Sergeant Ford he was a good guy.:D

Kind of like Maj. Frank Burns on M*A*S*H? He got a Purple Heart for injuries from an [egg] "shell fragment".

[/quote]

Here’s one for you

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1233634/Remembrance-Day-conman-Sorry-talk-time-SAS-Im-bound-Official-Secrets-Act.html

**Medals are pukka…but I’m sworn to silence on how I won them, says the parade ‘fraud’

By Daily Mail Reporter and Fay Schlesinger
Last updated at 7:08 AM on 07th December 2

A man who marched at a Remembrance Day parade with an impossible array of medals was named last night as carpenter Roger Day, 61.
Neighbours said the keen amateur actor was once thrown out of his local pub in a row over an SAS badge he was wearing.
Mr Day denied he was a conman and said the 17 medals - including top bravery awards - were ‘pukka’.

Well, my medal story revolves around giving a medal back so I could get out of the Army.

Long story, but I was transferred from one of the operational companies to Headquarters Company for a deployment outside the States in the eighties. Well, everyone who deployed got an Army Achievement Medal for their trouble. Both my operational company and HHS put me in for, and approved, an award of the AAM.

My last day before terminal leave, trying to finish processing out, some clerk noticed I had the AAM awarded twice for the action during the same timeframe.

Well, neither company wanted to rescind the award, so I ended up on my last day in the Army hunched over a typewriter typing up orders (I wasn’t a clerk) to rescind one of them, and then I had to find the battalion commander to sign them. Took ten minutes for him to understand why I was rescinding orders on my own to give back a medal.

[quote="kimmielittle, post:18, topic:178501"]
Here's one for you

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1233634/Remembrance-Day-conman-Sorry-talk-time-SAS-Im-bound-Official-Secrets-Act.html

Medals are pukka...but I'm sworn to silence on how I won them, says the parade 'fraud'

By Daily Mail Reporter and Fay Schlesinger
Last updated at 7:08 AM on 07th December 2

A man who marched at a Remembrance Day parade with an impossible array of medals was named last night as carpenter Roger Day, 61.
Neighbours said the keen amateur actor was once thrown out of his local pub in a row over an SAS badge he was wearing.
Mr Day denied he was a conman and said the 17 medals - including top bravery awards - were 'pukka'.

[/quote]

Unbelievable! I’m surprised those SAS vets didn’t kick his butt?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.