Websites

I’m sorry if this isn’t the “correct” place to ask this. But, what do you think of such sites or when people make such claims:

Sorry if these questions were asked before

jesus-is-lord.com/

This one states that “The Catholic Mary is a devil” I don’t know about any of you but I’ve never seen a picture of Our Blessed Mother like that? If so, where?

jesus-is-lord.com/mary.htm

Another website that “attacks” Catholic’s

chick.com/default.asp

The “Testimony” of (Sister) Charolette Wells/Charolette Keckler

hissheep.org/catholic/the_testimony_of_charlotte_wells.html

A Refutation of the "testimony"of Charlotte Wells / Charlotte Keckler

seanhyland.wordpress.com/2009/01/04/a-refutation-of-the-testimony-of-charlotte-wells-charlotte-keckler/

Thank you very much
goforgoal

I think you need to find better websites to frequent! :wink:

And you’re right, these questions have been asked many, many times before. The websites you have listed have been refuted time and time again. If you search this site for those websites, you’ll probably find some more detailed info.

Jack Chick is about as far to the anti-Catholic extreme as you can get. His tracts have long been discredited. I recommend Karl Keating’s book Catholicism and Fundamentalism for a thorough refutation of Chick’s more popular anti-Catholic ideas.

In a nutshell, Chick gets much of his “inside” information on the Church from a man named Alberto Rivera who claimed to have been a Jesuit priest working in the Vatican (a claim that is ridiculously easy to prove as false). I really do not like to “diagnose” people I haven’t met, but I simply can’t think of any other way to describe Rivera other than “unbalanced”.

The best thing you can do with these websites is simply avoid them. These people earn their livlihood by attacking the Catholic Church. No matter how well-reasoned a response, and no matter how concrete the evidence you present to them, you will not change their mind.

If you have come across anything that has raised specific questions in your mind, feel free to ask those questions here. There are many great people here who will give you great info.

Other than that, I strongly recommend that you spend your time reading more worthwhile things. I have links to many, many great Catholic websites in my blog (see the link in my signature below). That’s a good place to start. :thumbsup:

Just in case anyone is confused, that last website in the list (the refutation of Charlotte Keckler) is a CATHOLIC site - mine :slight_smile:

Joe5859-Thank you for the quick reply. I actually stumbled upon the two websites a few years ago by accident.

I wanted to do a bit of research on Discalced Carmelite Nuns and that is how I found The “testimony” of Charolette Wells/Keckler I didn’t know it was anti-catholic. Thankfully, I found Seanie’s websiste and thank you for making that wonderful website Seanie I hope you don’t mind that I put it on here

Fake Nuns: A list of people who have posed as nuns to spread disinformation about the Catholic Church

speroforum.com/wiki/default.aspx/SperoWiki/FakeNuns.html

• I noticed in that so called “testimony” Charolette Wells/Keckler states that the Nuns are basically starved. I visited a cloistered order Discalced Carmelite Nuns and they do not starve you.

If you’re wondering Yes I most definitely visit better websites/links.

I’m not sure if this makes any sense but even though I’ve stumbled across anti-catholic websites in the past (and who knows I may stumble across one in the future) it strengthens my faith, it makes me want to find out more about Our Lord, Our Blessed Mother, Saints, Prayers, Catholics, and so forth.

So, thank you very much Joe5859 and Seanie

goforgoal

That’s good to know. When it comes to people asking about anti-Catholic websites, I’m always cautious, because I’ve seen some people come to this site posing as Catholics innocently asking about these websites because they think they will stealthily expose Catholics to information that will get them to turn away from the “evil” Catholic Church. I’m glad you’re not one of those people! :wink:

And I’m also glad it only serves to bolster your faith. That’s how it’s been with me, too. Just knowing that there are people out there who believe this stuff makes me want to become as educated as I can in order to respond to it when I come across it. It has helped me learn a lot!

I just came across this on the Catholic Answers website that might be helpful:

catholic.com/library/sr_chick_tracts.asp

Evidentally, they did a 6 part series refuting the “Chick tracts”. The above link shows all six parts on one page. That should give you more than you ever wanted to know about Jack Chick! :slight_smile:

Thank you Joe5859, I’ve been to the website you’ve mentioned and thank God people are there to set the record straight.

I hope and Pray to God, that Catholics who are considering leaving the Church do not fall into these traps.

Once again thank you Joe5859

goforgoal

There are a lot of crazies on the Internet.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.