Wedding and sacraments invitations

hi,
i need help writing invitations to our wedding. i have no idea how to word it. its not just our catholic wedding but my husband is also being baptized, receiving his first communion and being confirmed all in one mass… i don’t wanna just announce the wedding its really big that he’s receiving his sacraments. how should i word it?

thanks so much
i really hope i posted this in the right place.

• Cristal

*Mr & Mrs Sweet Dreams
request the honor of your presence
at the wedding of their daughter
Cristal
to
Mr T. Darken Hansom
At St **Abban of Magheranoidhe Catholic Church
453 West Broadway Avenue, Townburg, Texlahoma
Saturday, June 31st, 2012
at 13 o'clock

Nuptial Mass shall include
the baptism, first communion, and confirmation
of Mr Hansom

Reception to follow
at **Szczebrzeszynski's Bowling Alley and Banquet Hall
452 West Broadway Avenue, Townsburg, Texlahoma

I think Rainaldo’s suggestion is spot on. However, you might word and format it “first Holy Communion” instead of “first communion.”

The traditional wording for a Catholic wedding ceremony is:

Mr & Mrs Sweet Dreams
request the honour of your presence
at the Nuptial Mass uniting their daughter
Cristal
and
Mr T. Darken Hansom
in the sacrament of Holy Matrimony

I would go with the rest of the wording provided by Rainaldo

What a wonderful blessing for both of you. May have you a beautiful day filled with love and the abundant blessings from God.

[quote="Rainaldo, post:2, topic:289523"]

*Mr & Mrs Sweet Dreams
request the honor of your presence
at the wedding of their daughter
Cristal
to
Mr T. Darken Hansom
At St **Abban of Magheranoidhe Catholic Church
453 West Broadway Avenue, Townburg, Texlahoma
Saturday, June 31st, 2012
at 13 o'clock

Nuptial Mass shall include
the baptism, first communion, and confirmation
of Mr Hansom

Reception to follow
at **Szczebrzeszynski's Bowling Alley and Banquet Hall
452 West Broadway Avenue, Townsburg, Texlahoma

[/quote]

This is good, but let me rewrite it with more traditional mechanics:

Mr. and Mrs. First Middle Last
request the honour of your presence
at the Nuptial Mass uniting their daughter
First Middle
and
Mr. First Middle Last
in the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony
Day, the date of month
two thousand twelve
at half after noon
Saint So-and-So's Church
address
city, state
and afterward at the reception
The Hotel City
address
city, state (omit if same as above)

Perhaps enclose a card, if possible, that tells of the bridegroom's baptism, first Holy Communion, and confirmation.

If you need any other invitation help, post here or PM me.

I think that the suggestion is good but it is inappropriate to post the details of the reception on internet. Now I feel free to crash the party, if I can only find Texlahoma on the map. :smiley:

:frowning: Unfortunately I am single and have the slighest idea.

While the traditional wording as suggested is correct, the OP mentioned that her “husband” will be receiving Baptism, First Eucharist and Confirmation. Is this, then, a convalidation? OP, are you already married legally? In this case, I would doubt that her parents would be “requesting the honour of your presence”.

[quote="dixieagle, post:9, topic:289523"]
In this case, I would doubt that her parents would be "requesting the honour of your presence".

[/quote]

"…request the honour of your presence" is the standard wording for any ceremony held in a place of worship.

If the couple were hosting it themselves (assuming they are currently legally married):

The honour of your presence
is requested at the Nuptial Mass uniting
(same wording as parents hosting)

[quote="JGMendes4049, post:10, topic:289523"]
"…request the honour of your presence" is the standard wording for any ceremony held in a place of worship.

If the couple were hosting it themselves (assuming they are currently legally married):

The honour of your presence
is requested at the Nuptial Mass uniting
(same wording as parents hosting)

[/quote]

I'm well aware of that (been there, done that with two daughters' weddings.) :) I was referring to the fact that her parents may not be doing the inviting, IF this was a convalidation.

You can’t miss it. It’s near the interchange of I-90 and I-10 outside Provo.

I like the idea of enclosing a separate card announcing the groom's reception of the sacraments. It seems more elegant. When you mail the invitations, put the enclosure cards inside the invitation in this way: Response envelope, RSVP card, and then the card announcing the groom's reception of the sacraments on top of the other two. Then put everything into the inner envelope, and the inner envelope into the outer envelope.

You might like to see if the stationer has a larger card to indicate the reception of the sacraments so it stands out.

The wording for an older bride (like I was,) who has been living independently of her parents for many years and is contributing primarily to hosting the entire celebration is:

The honor of your presence is requested at the marriage of Miss So and So to Mr. So and So at a Nuptial Mass at St. Michael's Church  yadda, yadda...

The couple does not have to be already married when using this format.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.