Wedding Feast of The Lamb

Just scored a copy of a book entitled Wedding Feast of The Lamb—Eucharistic Theology from a Historical, Biblical and Systematic Perspective by Fr. Roch A. Kereszty, OC-IST.
(has Nihil Obstat & Imprimatur).

Curious to know if anyone has read it, and what your thoughts are.

Thank you in advance.

If it’s half as good as his Jesus Christ: Fundamentals of Christology then you can’t go wrong.

Another OUTSTANDING book following a similar approach is Dr. Scott Hahn’s The Lamb’s Supper: the Mass as Heaven on Earth. I’ve read many books and I have no problem unequivocally saying this is the most profound thing I have ever read.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I like Scott Hahn–he is a very entertaining writer; he pretty much writes like he speaks (you can hear him talking as you read his works)–though I haven’t read the book you mentioned. Heard about it, and had it on the long term target list, but hadn’t gotten to it.

Concerning Fr. Kerezty’s book (Wedding Feast of the Lamb)–I scored it for a song & a dance, so I couldn’t refuse. It looked to be very compelling, and theologically/doctrinally sound, so worse case scenario, I figured I’d simply donate to our Church library–which I often do (filtering first for doctrinal soundness, and second, for ‘compellingness’ (for lack of a better word)–that is, something that I think folks would be genuinely interested in reading, and get good, useful info. from (or otherwise fulfilling), so that I’m not just donating another book to sit there and collect dust)).

Anyway…so far, it looks pretty darn solid, though he writes in that professor-ese that academics write in (understandable, as that is his targeted audience). I’m not a fan at all of that writing style (though I’m an attorney, and know people hate how we write…)–but aside from the writing style, I like what I’ve read so far. Every sentence is loaded and tightly packed–it’s clear the guy knows his stuff and has done his homework. You can tell the book isn’t filled with fluff–just the opposite–he’s had to cut out piles of information that he could probably easily write other books about–in order to stay on topic, and streamline the book–yet spared the reader the pain footnotes that go on and on ad nauseam, and seem to serve little purpose beyond showing off the author’s knowledge (academics love FN’s…probably for the very purpose I mentioned)–so that was quite a relief to see he spared us of those).

Again, thanks for your reply and the info. on the 2 books you mentioned.

BTW: here is the Amazon link about this book:

amazon.com/dp/1595250069/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=28645388487&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1420708609102992370&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2hxoeitgcg_b

First review:

*2 of 2 people found the following review helpful

Emphatically Recommend!

By paddym on August 2, 2010

I emphatically recommend this book for anyone who wants to know more about the theology behind the Eucharist. This book takes a systematic study through the Old Testament and the New Testament as its basis. Therefore, as a scriptural approach to the theology of the Eucharist, it is invaluable. The author approaches Eucharist from the authentic Catholic perspective and therefore one should not expect to read comments about what others may call “Eucharist” but which really is not that which is presented in Scripture.*

(Fwiw).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.