Wedding Ring Inscription

Hello all, I’m trying to get some ideas for wedding ring inscriptions. I believe an abbreviated Ephesians 5:25 would be the most beautiful and fitting choice: “…as Christ loved the church…” I’m having trouble thinking of anything else. Any one have any other ideas?

Thanks much.

I found this website:

weddingvowrings.com/scripture.asp

I hope there are at least a few that you like! (I do like your original idea, though.) Some of them are quite lengthy…

I had Totus Tuus Ego Sum engraved on my DH’s wedding band-- Latin for I am completely in your hands or I am all yours.

JPII’s motto.

That’s what I thought - you’d need a very big ring or very tiny writing for some of 'em!

These are pretty:

Song of Songs 2:2 As a lily among thorns, so is my beloved among women.

Song of Songs 3:2 on the day of his marriage, on the day of the joy of his heart.

Song of Songs 4:7 You are all-beautiful, my beloved, and there is no blemish in you.

Song of Songs 6:9 One alone is my dove, my perfect one

Oh, I’d have to get that one on my ring if I ever married (more like if anyone was ever insane enough to want to marry me :wink: !)

My husband and I were married in mid April and we had the following inscribed on our bands:

for mine…his initials and then EPH 5:22-24, 31

for his…my initals and then EPH 5:25-31

This was the second reading at our mass and we thought it appropriate to inscribe in our rings so we could be constantly reminded of it- hard to live up to, but we’re trying!

Inside mine it says “14K” :slight_smile:

Maybe its because I’m a guy, but I don’t know if it matters. Mine never comes off my finger, been there for 22+ years, figure I’ll die with it on. If you husband is anything like me inscribe the OUTSIDE where your husband can see it! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not his wedding ring, but I got my husband a ring he wears on his right hand that is inscribed with the verse from Song of Songs, “I my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine.” I think it’s still available from the Signals catalog, and you can get it in Hebrew or Latin. I think Greek is available too.

we didn’t get ours inscribed either. Does it matter? I’ve thought about it as an anniversary thing.

:rotfl: I think mine has the exact same inscription as yours! :rotfl: I can’t say for sure cuz I’m too fat right now to pull the durn thing off!!! :rotfl:

I have a ring (but not my wedding ring) which says
1st Cor13:13 Faith Love Hope"

This is my all-time favorite!

closed #14

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.