wedding ring

I took mine off
Not sure when or if I’m putting it back on.

I’m sorry to hear this! :frowning: :console: Are you wishing to talk about it? If so I think your parish priest would be a good place to start. Would you be willing to talk to him?

Sorry, Prayers sent.

Praying for your intentions.

Mary.

I agree with Convert’s post.

I’m so sorry for your marital struggles. :frowning:

Prayers said for you.

May God bless you in your time of need.

A wedding ring REMINDS us of
our commitment to a spouse so taking
it off means you are trying to FORGET about
committing to a partner. Maybe you should
talk to a friend that you can confide in and use
him/her as a sounding board to UNDERSTAND
why you feel this way.

Considering your last thread in May, it would seem that you have not commited to the hopes for change you posted about. It is your duty to try and repair your broken marriage, especially if you were the cause of the brokenness. Praying that you will seek God’s guidance for your situation, and that He will lead you to reconciliation with Him as well as your wife…

Put your ring back on and be a husband for your wife.

Your years of threads with no solutions or steps taken for your problems is concerning.

Praying for you.

A ring is a symbol. In marriage we say to each other:

“Take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.”

Love and fidelity may be compromised at times, but that is no reason to abandon them! You can remove the outward sign, but the covenant remains. I will pray for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.