Weeping Madonna in Akita, Japan

Anyone know about this statue? Dr. Mark Miravalle says the statue wept on camera and was examined to have the substance of human tear.

**. . . :coffeeread: . . . **
CHURCH APPROVES MESSAGES
WEEPING STATUE AS SUPERNATURAL

APRIL 1984

Most. Rev. John Shojiro Ito, Bishop of Niigata, Japan, after years of extensive investigation, declares the events of Akita, Japan to be of supernatural origin, and authorizes throughout the entire diocese the veneration of the Holy Mother of Akita.

On April 22, 1984, after eight years of investigations, after consultation with the Holy See, the messages of Our Lady of Akita were approved by the Bishop of the diocese. In the Japanese village of Akita, a statue of the Madonna, according to the testimony of more than 500 Christians and non-Christians, including the Buddhist mayor of the town, has shed blood, sweat and tears. A nun, Agnes Katsuko Sasagawa has received the stigmata and has received messages from Our Lady.

**JUNE 1988 **

– Vatican City – Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Prefect, Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, gives definitive judgment on the Akita events and messages as reliable and worthy of belief.

**Link: ** newjerusalem.com/akita1.htm
[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+[/RIGHT]

Interestingly, the first examination of the weeping was made by a person who was very negative towards it. He claimed that Sr. Agnes caused the weeping by her “ectoplasmic” powers. I found it astounding that this person couldn’t believe in Our Lady’s statue weeping or the locutions heard interiorly by Sr. Agnes but he could believe in ectoplasmic powers. Unless someone has a better definition, I always thought “ectoplasm” was what (supposedly) ghosts were made out of…:shrug:

BTW, Sr. Agnes was deaf when she had her (interior) locutions. She was later healed of her deafness.

The story of Sister Agnes in Akita is so beautiful! If you can, read the book. It is very inspiring.

Which book?

I read the book about Akita and also found the supposed explanation of “ectoplasmic powers” sadly amusing. Shades of “Topper”. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.