Weight loss and Bible verses

My friend and I both decided to go on a much needed diet together. I was hoping that to help keep us motivated I could come up with some encouraging bible verses. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been purchased at a price. Therefore glorify God in your body."

'Set, O Lord, a guard over my mouth;
Keep watch, O Lord, at the door of my lips!' - Psalm 140(141)

Thanks!!! These are great! :thumbsup:

How about 1 Cor 9:24-27a?

Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing.
No, I drive my body and train it

I think about these verses when I work out at the gym or at home (with the heavy bag).

Hebrews 12

for whom the Lord loves, he disciplines; he scourges every son he acknowledges."
Endure your trials as "discipline"; God treats you as sons. For what "son" is there whom his father does not discipline?
If you are without discipline, in which all have shared, you are not sons but bastards.
Besides this, we have had our earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them. Should we not (then) submit all the more to the Father of spirits and live?
They disciplined us for a short time as seemed right to them, but he does so for our benefit, in order that we may share his holiness.
** At the time, all discipline seems a cause not for joy but for pain, yet later it brings the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who are trained by it.**
So strengthen your drooping hands and your weak knees.

[quote="Rachel84, post:1, topic:183008"]
My friend and I both decided to go on a much needed diet together. I was hoping that to help keep us motivated I could come up with some encouraging bible verses. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

[/quote]

the one I like best was the motto of a bible-based weight loss group at a neighboring church, taken from the words of John the Baptist, referring to Jesus: from now on I must decrease and He must increase.

These are great guys, thank you so much and feel free to keep them coming. They dont all have to be directly out of the bible (I saw one somewhere around here from the Cathechism of the Catholic Church) but anything you guys can find thats faith-related will work great!

I think of the Proverbs 31 woman who takes care of herself and is the perfect woman. I would love all her attributes, and I try, Lord, I try....Anyway, you can read the 31st Proverb

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.