Weird question, but

Now, when I altar serve, we just usually wear an alb and a rope around out waists, the rope dictating what season it is (i.e. purple for Advent, white for Christmas, green for Ordinary time, etc.) So, now since we are in Ordinary Time, we have to wear the green ropes. Now, I tried every green rope they have in the sacristy, but they are all too long. I tried tying it around twice, but then it’s too short. I HAVE to wear a rope, so I don’t know what to do. I’m tempted to ask someone to help tie it around me, but I’m afraid that makes me like a little illiterate, to be honest. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the stupid question.

Sorry for the stupid question.

The only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

Just ask for someone to help you with it, they will be more than willing to help, and it is more sensible to get their help than to try and do it yourself and have it done wrong - asking for help certainly won’t make you look illiterate or silly.

:thumbsup:

I have some health problems that are getting worse with age. The older I get, the more I am learning to ask for help. It is a JOY to learn that most people are willing to help us if we are humble enough to ask. In fact, asking for help has become my best way of making new friends. Young or old, never hesitate to ask for help when you need it!

Are you doubling it up when you go 'round? If so, take one of the longer ones, and don’t double it up, but go 'round three times instead of two. That’s the equivalent of going round one and a half times the other way. Hope it works for you. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, ask someone else (like the priest). :slight_smile:

Here’s one solution: fathermarkcollins.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-put-on-rope-girdle.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.