Well, at least we won't need universal companion animal care

San Francisco could soon have what is believed to be the country’s first ban on the sale of all pets except fish.

That includes dogs, cats, hamsters, mice, rats, chinchillas, guinea pigs, birds, snakes, lizards and nearly every other critter, or, as the commission calls them, companion animals.

Read more: sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/07/08/MN9L1EAT90.DTL#ixzz0t7TZCD9K

I suppose the reason they don’t ban the sale of fish is because they tend to die and get flushed down toilets and don’t end up at a shelter. Poor fish. Where is their advocacy group?

Some people buy small animals they don't know how to take care of? Then ban them for everybody!!!

Some people don't have health care insurance? Then outlaw the entire existing system and institute Obamacare!!!

Some people tend to be a little obese? Then make taxes on unhealthy food so high nobody can buy it!!!

Don't like some people rudely blowing secondhand smoke? Then raise the price to $15.00 a pack for everybody!!!

Worried about global warming? Then drive all the coal and utility companies into bankruptcy and "neccessarily make everyone's electricity prices skyrocket!"

Why, oh why do liberals always try to kill a mosquito with a nuclear weapon?

[quote="Wolseley, post:3, topic:204644"]
Some people buy small animals they don't know how to take care of? Then ban them for everybody!!!

Some people don't have health care insurance? Then outlaw the entire existing system and institute Obamacare!!!

Some people tend to be a little obese? Then make taxes on unhealthy food so high nobody can buy it!!!

Don't like some people rudely blowing secondhand smoke? Then raise the price to $15.00 a pack for everybody!!!

Worried about global warming? Then drive all the coal and utility companies into bankruptcy and "neccessarily make everyone's electricity prices skyrocket!"

Why, oh why do liberals always try to kill a mosquito with a nuclear weapon?

[/quote]

Because their instincts are totalitarian to the core. But I truly wouldn't call them "liberals" or even "secular progressives". I, myself, considered myself "liberal", and was, until the liberal establishment lurched so far to the left that it left me standing in an empty field.

I was once a Democrat party officeholder and I learned firsthand how totalitarian the people now running the party really are. I think anyone who paid attention to the healthcare debacle couldn't have missed seeing it in action. They even eat their own.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.