Were Adam and Eve "divinized"?

In the Garden of Eden, were Adam and Eve already “partakers of the divine nature” (2 Peter 1:4) as we will be when we reach heaven (God willing)?

Was the state of original justice a partaking in the divine nature already? Did they fall from this earthly state because the were not in heaven but on earth? A little help please.

atassina

enjoy your morning cyber French Roast coffee with a real bacon and real maple donut

The state of Adam and Eve was very different than what will be the state of souls in heaven.

And very different from what will be the state of the just at the Resurrection and the new heavens and new earth.

Much more detail can be said …but no time…hope that helps.

This is correct. Adam & Eve did not experience the Beatific Vision.

Bookcat and fhansen,
I found both of your replies satisfying. You filled my hunger for the knowledge I wanted, and even more so.

thanks,
the OP

that’s all i needed. so i’m done here.

Your welcome…but cruel.:wink:

With that picture of the* cake *when I am eating not much carbs now…

Read too on the Resurrection (ours too) and the new heavens and new earth

scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a11.htm#I

scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a12.htm#VI

Bookcat,
You have helped me before.
Perhaps you are a learned layman.
Good.
I have much learning and remember only a crumb or two.

Booklet

Adam and Eve ate cake in the garden.
I’ll teach you that advanced lesson someday.
Of course it was with French roast coffee and real cream.
Followed by chocolate and vanilla icecream with the vanilla last
because the vanilla leaves a better after taste.

Lenten Food: everything I’ve written.

Adam and Eve were as divinized as much as human beings could be in the flesh, and the temptation of Satan, the deceiver, was that they were NOT, but could be, if they obeyed him instead of God.

In terms of the story, all that they were lacking was eating of the Tree of Life to have eternal life. For a time, that door was open to them.

Thanks to all.
The OP

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.