Were Adam & Eve Jewish?

I am confused about God’s relationship with the Jewish people. God created Adam and Eve and the Jewish people were God’s chosen people. So were Adam and Eve Jewish? What exactly did the Jewish people do to deserve God’s wrath (excluding the original sin of Adam and Eve). Are the Jewish people still His chosen ones,( I would assume), even after Jesus’s coming and some Jews rejecting Him? I mean, are the traditional Jewish people today still God’s chosen? All the events occuring in Israel and Gaza today bring to my mind these questions. Thank you.

To be Jewish is to be a descendant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Clearly Adam & Eve cannot be Jewish since they predate Abraham.

The Jewish people were God’s chosen people because He entered into a covenant with them that would prepare the world for the coming of the Messiah.

As for the Jewish people today, I refer you to Nostra Aetate:

As Holy Scripture testifies, Jerusalem did not recognize the time of her visitation, nor did the Jews in large number, accept the Gospel; indeed not a few opposed its spreading. Nevertheless, God holds the Jews most dear for the sake of their Fathers; He does not repent of the gifts He makes or of the calls He issues-such is the witness of the Apostle. In company with the Prophets and the same Apostle, the Church awaits that day, known to God alone, on which all peoples will address the Lord in a single voice and “serve him shoulder to shoulder” (Soph. 3:9).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.