Were all three Holy Orders instituted by Jesus at the same time?

If the Apostles were the first bishops and were instituted by Christ at the Last Supper, when were the first priests and deacons consecrated and who were they?.

The first Deacons (Stephen, Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas and Nicolas) were chosen and ordained in the Acts of the Apostles, Chapter 6.

[quote="deaconluke, post:2, topic:287218"]
The first Deacons (Stephen, Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas and Nicolas) were chosen and ordained in the Acts of the Apostles, Chapter 6.

[/quote]

Oh, yeah for some reason I forgot that. I did remember that Saint Stephen was the protodeacon.

Interesting though, doesn't this mean that Christ did not institute the Diaconate? But I thought Christ instituted all of the sacraments -- presumably that includes the diaconate.

I would think that just as the church was institued by the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, that Holy Orders are also instituted by the same.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.