We're Engaged!

Hi All,

Just wanted to announce that I am now engaged to a wonderful Catholic lady I met on these forums. Back at the beginning of 2010 I remember posting a thread worrying about my life as a single Catholic, and one of the replies, from CountrySinger, really caught my eye. We started messaging eachother, and then we agreed to meet up while I was in the USA for a conference. We started seriously discerning a relationship at that point, and spoke online nearly every day since.

Things moved on from there, she came to see me in Scotland, I came back to Seattle, and this weekend, while walking in a park by Lake Washington, I asked her to marry me, and she said yes!

I am the happiest man in the world, and would like to thank those at Catholic Answers Forum who have helped CountrySinger and me along the way at various times in our lives. Please pray for us as we begin to plan our wedding, emigration to Scotland, and the rest of our lives together :slight_smile:

David

Well I didn’t help you and your soon-to-be wife but CONGRATS! Good luck:). I’ll be praying! Too happy to see another catholic couple preparing to take on the world together

I am half Scottish by blood from the father’s side.
I wish you both and all the family the best and happiest celebration of such a wonderful thing you have joined together to celebrate in Love.
Best to you all in everything!

Congratulations to you both. I have seen CountrySinger around these parts, we have shared opinions on a few topics, I like how she thinks.
:thumbsup:

Congrats! :thumbsup:

congratulation!!

Mazel tov!

Congratulations! I have seen posts by CountrySinger many times before, and have always liked what she had to say. Sounds like you found a great woman. I hope the both of you have a very happy marriage!

It’s about time you finally announced it! WOO HOO!!! CONGRATS!! :extrahappy: :dancing: :clapping:

I was wondering if there was ever going to be a CAF match. Congratulations!! And best wishes to you!!

WOW!! Such a cute story. I love it. :love: Congratulations! (And way to go, CountrySinger, girl, you got a man with an ACCENT!!!)

CONGRATULATIONS to you both!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations - now don’t everybody go trying it!!!

Wow, That is great news! I also remember Country Singers’ posts here. Congrats!

Congratulations!!

Thank you for all the nice wishes! :love::love:

:D:D:D:D

Best wishes for a wonderfully happy and holy marriage! :harp:

I will keep you in prayer.

That is so cool! Congrats guys!

Country Singer is pretty funny.

Congratulations!!

I liked reading the story of how you met!
My fiance and I did not meet online, but we met at a (real life) Catholic Bible study and discussion group. Similar, right? And we are in two different countries right now too lol.

Wow, a CAF match! Congratulations guys! I’m glad CountrySinger’s single life had a happy ending. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.