Were the fallen angels given a second chance just as humans were?

Was original sin less grievous than the sin the angels committed?

I heard that this was so because while humans were tempted to sin, there was no one to tempt the angels.

Zirconia

Since the angels are spiritual beings and they have perfect knowledge of their decision and its consequences, the choice is final.

We as human beings are given second chances because we are imperfect beings.

Tak

Hebrews 2:5: “It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.”

Hebrews 2:14-16:“Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants.”

The angels have no secondary nature from which to be purified.

Unlike mankind, flawed as we are, the angels saw Almighty God face-to-face. They KNEW Perfect Love and they rebelled against it.

Anyone, knowing the perfection of LOVE, who rejects it, deserves all they get.

That is why Catholics will be judged harder than others.

There is no second chance for the fallen angels. They were given a once only choice and those who rejected God are condemned forever with their master of evil Satan.

This is interesting…because I always held out the hope that Satan might repent and be forgiven, if people would even consider forgiving him. Of course, this would be an end of times deal, in my thinking. I thought God was so forgiving for this to even be a possibility

Eileen T .-“Unlike mankind, flawed as we are, the angels saw Almighty God face-to-face. They KNEW Perfect Love and they rebelled against it”.

Eileen,

In your opinion then, “Adam and Eve” did not see Almighty God face to face. If they did not, why did He exact such a universal penalty as Original Sin. Not only to them, but to all that followed? Each of us did not committ “Original Sin”!

Or maybe we all really did!

Is it possible that “Man” (Creation) is God’s way to give the fallen angels a second chance?

Thanks to all of you for responding.

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.