West Coast March for Life

The March for Life in San Francisco got even less MSM coverage than the DC March. The DC March was at least covered by Fox News. The West Coast march was also much more violent with some really ugly incidents. No one was hurt, but the hatred and vileness of the opponents of life was not pretty. Take a look.

zombietime.com/walk_for_life/

Those who protested against the Pro Lifers are those who voted for San Fran Nan (Nancy Pelosi) who believes that children are bad for our economy. We have a lot of work ahead of us, a lot of prayer and fasting, and it will take much courage and strength which we can only get from the Holy Spirit. The one good thing I can see in all of this is that I believe it will truly energize people who believe in life, and help them realize more than ever that we are truly in a war against the worst kind of evil. There is no more time to just sit on the sidelines. I think we have been lulled into a certain sense of complacency because we’ve had a pro life president. We are now in the minority, but we must be a vocal and protesting, yet loving, minority.

Mary

It seems there were some ugly incidents, but no violence. The police did a good job - things could have easily gotten out of control, especially with anarchists spoiling for a fight.

Wow, thanks for all the photos. Its times like this that I miss San Francisco - its a fun and colorful town. :slight_smile:

I have to apologize, this is actually from the 2006 March. But it is still interesting to see how the pro abortion left reacted. I don’t know if this year was any better because I can’t find any news on it!! :mad:

But it still remains that we need to really pray and fast and get involved. There is a greater holocaust happening here in our country and certainly in the world than has ever happened in the history of man, and now with a pro abortion president and congress, it will only get worse. If we do nothing, we will be as guilty as anyone actively involved in promoting this holocaust.

Mary

:blush: I didn’t even notice.

But it is still interesting to see how the pro abortion left reacted. I don’t know if this year was any better because I can’t find any news on it!!

Oh. Here are a few links:

The local newspaper
sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/24/BA4T15GJRL.DTL&tsp=1

A press release from the Walk for Life organizers:
news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-24-2009/0004959793&EDATE=

And a site with lots of photos (but none of the counter protesters)
walkforlifewc.com/

If you scroll down to the bottom of the last link, you can find additional links to videos and photos of the Walk.

Having been there in 2007, 2008 and 2009 I would say that this year was much mellower–not that there was ever any violence. In 2007 I was spit at by a protester. In 2008 there seemed to be fewer protesting.

This year the police were spread out a lot more and most protesters were gathered in one turn and I would say there were no more there than last year. There were fewer than last year on other parts of the route.

The most distressing things were several large signs (like spray painted on sheets) that were quite crude and rude. One was hung high up on a wall (a friend of mine went exploring in an effort to take it down but was unsuccessful) the other was hung on a bush in a park area, far from where we were walking and it had several people around it.

My feeling is that protesters do not want us to get any positive publicity. Since they have not been able to incite us to violence they pretty much leave us alone.

We were there in 2006 and it was literally like walking through a gauntlet of evil. It was eerie. I saw priests get spit at and people hurling all sorts of foul insults at us, and we had our 2 young children.

Hi,

Just thought I’d share something posted on the politics forum regarding this topic:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=305175

It’s difficult to remain silent while we’re walking, especially when they insult us as Christians and not just people who oppose abortion. But then I’m reminded of what Jesus had to say about it:

Matthew 5:11-12:
**Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you (falsely) because of me.
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.