Westboro Baptist founder Fred Phelps dying

The Rev. Fred Phelps Sr., founder of the hate-fueled Westboro Baptist Church, is at “the edge of death,” his son reports.

Nathan Phelps, who fled the infamous Kansas church more than 30 years ago, claims his notorious father was kicked out of the congregation he built and is now spending his final days in hospice care.

Read more: nydailynews.com/news/national/westboro-baptist-church-founder-fred-phelps-reportedly-death-article-1.1723451#ixzz2wAFQeS00

May God grant him mercy, and show him the Truth.

I wonder if anyone is going to protest at his funeral?

We should pray for him. Difficult, but still . . .

It might happen, but why stoop to thier level. Christians are better than that.

I didn’t know he was excommunicated.
I wonder why?

You bet your incense there are!!!

I pity him. But I know I’ll lose no sleep over him dying either. He is a man who made too many terrible choices in life.

Most Merciful Jesus, lover of souls, I pray You, by the agony of Your most Sacred Heart, and by the sorrows of Your Immaculate Mother, to wash in Your Most Precious Blood, the sinners of the world who are now in their agony, and who will die today.
Heart of Jesus, once in agony, have mercy on the dying. Amen.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy!
Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished
children of Eve, to thee do we send
up our sighs, mourning and weeping
in this valley, of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us; and
after this our exile show unto us the
blessed fruit of thy womb Jesus;
O clement, O loving, O sweet virgin Mary.
Pray for us, O holy Mother of God
That we may be made worthy of the
promises of Christ.
Amen :crossrc:

:signofcross:
Requiem aeternam dona ei Domine
Et Lux perpetua, luceat ei.
Requiescat in pace. Amen.

Fred Phelps was very likely the single greatest unwitting proponent to aid the LGBT cause in American history. He has such a long history of destruction that he leaves behind. Oh God, may this poor, abandoned creature crawl before the altar of your infinite mercy in his final moments. This man was once a baby who looked around the world you have created with a wonder and newness towards all things. God, our faith is so very weak for men such as this, but what is impossible for man is possible for you. Make all things new, Jesus Christ.

As much as I despite the actions of himself and his followers, I wish no ill-will against him. Prayers for him…

May God have mercy on his soul.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Blessed Virgin Mary, please intercede with your son, Jesus Christ our Lord, only begotten Son of the Father on behalf of this poor person in his dying hours.

Praying for his conversion. :highprayer:

Requiem aeternam dona ei Domine
Et Lux perpetua, luceat ei.
Requiescat in pace. Amen.

PATER NOSTER, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Lord have mercy on us and on the whole world,
may the Holy Spirit convict him of all truth.
Mary.

I agree! :thumbsup:

Amen.

Why are some people praying the requiem? He isn’t dead yet…is he?

Lord, have mercy on us, and on the whole world :signofcross:

That is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing that prayer - I will pray it for Mr. Phelps and others who have lost the wonder of God.

Oops! completely read title wrong:o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.