Western Washington Catholic Charismatic Renewal

My father has been sick and these people have been leaving him a lot of literature for him to read about their ministry, the gifts of the Holy Spirit and healing.

wwccr.org/index.htm

They sound like a lay organization to me.

Does anybody know anything about this group in particular or about the Catholic Charismatic movement in general?

They have some quotes of endorsement from Bishops and the Pope, but since this is pretty foriegn to me I am hesitant about it.

God bless

I live in this Archdiocese, but I haven’t heard of this group. Maybe you could call the Chancery offices in Seattle, and learn what Archbishop Brunett has to say about them.

Good luck, and I will remember your father in my prayers.:slight_smile:

I have. It is one of the largest Catholic Charismatic organizations in the western states. It has the Archbishops approval, also. It is a lay organization, however there are a number of priests that are also in it. As far as I know (I’ve read about it, but haven’t been part of it) it is orthodox.

Hope this helps.

They are very active around the Archdiocese and there are priests and religious that are part of the renewal. They are always offering special Healing Masses at various parishes throughout the region, parishes that are upright and orthodox in their faith.

My prayers for your father’s health.

Peace

[quote=basenji]They are very active around the Archdiocese and there are priests and religious that are part of the renewal. They are always offering special Healing Masses at various parishes throughout the region, parishes that are upright and** orthodox in their faith**.

My prayers for your father’s health.

Peace
[/quote]

That is all I needed to hear.

Thanks and God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.