Wet dreams sinful?

So this morning I was had a wet dream which I think wasn’t really lustful but I started waking up and i was having an orgasm and I kinda just laid there and I felt like I was just letting it happen but then I finally woke completely up. I’ve had wet dreams in the past before and they are starting to get annoying. I would never masturbate with full conscious but for some reason I think I did because I felt like I woke up but can’t really determine if I was awake. Just wondering if this is a sin. Thanks.

No sin here. Full consent must be given and when you are sleeping, you don’t have full control over your body. And if you are not sure if you are awake or not, you were most likely still sleeping.

In Pope St. Celestine V’s (aka St. Peter Morrone) memoirs (reproduced in Medieval Hagiography: an Anthology, edited by Thomas Head) he talks about how he became scrupulous about this issue and whether or not he should receive communion afterward. Then, he had a dream where he he was tied to a donkey, and he was leading the donkey up a mountain towards a beautiful church. The donkey kept defecating on its way up. Peter decided he should not enter the church with the donkey as its feces would soil the church, but he could not leave it outside. Then Christ appeared in priestly garments and encouraged him to enter the church, but Peter explained to Him why he felt he could not. Christ then said something to the effect of, “what is it to Me if the donkey merely does what is natural to it?” and so Peter and his donkey entered the church with a clean conscience. Peter wrote that after that dream, he no longer worried about such emissions.

So yeah, this is not a sin, but I also think we shouldn’t bring incontinent donkeys into a church :wink:

Yea, i do understand, it happen at times,a friend of mine was feeling embarrassed even to confess it, to a priest .but the priest gave a wonderful advice ,he said if it happens in your sub-conscious mind, while we are asleep,its not a sin,since we are not conscious,if we are conscious then its a sin ( to sin we are to be conscious) .and if we are semi-conscious, but not full consent to sin, you can make your own judgement on this, pray and take the decision with a good conscience.asking Jesus to forgive you trusting his mercy, we can receive Holy Communion,but if you feel you sinned while sub-conscious mind or remember it, then don’t receive Holy communion,so our conscience won’t prick us or hurt or have a guilty feeling.Therefore if you keep thinking lustful thoughts before sleeping more or less you’ll end up in wet dreams,lust is one of the 7 most deadly sins.

Try to say the Rosary or read a passage of the Bible ,or just call on the Name of Jesus and Mary,with Faith and Trust,and ask them to take care of you, during the nights to keep holy you thought or precious Blood of Jesus purify my thought,word and actions .also ask the intercession of your guardian angle and patron saints to pray for you,and do confess them!,God Bless ,Hope it helps

There is a verse in the bible which mentions it
Jude 1:8 Yet in the same way these dreamers also defile the flesh, reject authority, and slander the glorious ones.
1 Corinthians 11:27 Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be answerable for the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Examine yourselves, and only then eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For all who eat and drink[h] without discerning the body,[i] eat and drink judgment against themselves. 30 For this reason many of you are weak and ill, and some have died.

Psalms 119:9-11 9 How can young people keep their way pure? By guarding it according to your word.10 With my whole heart I seek you;do not let me stray from your commandments.11 I treasure your word in my heart,so that I may not sin against you.

Ive had dreams like this. While i understand for many ppl theyre normal physiology…mine came from a different source.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.