WHAMs; what do you do?

if u r a work at home mom; what do you do and how much time does it take?

What the heck is a WHAM? :confused:

work at home mom

oops: i meant WAHM

Ohhh, ok. :slight_smile:

I know it was a typo but now I have “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” running through my head. :smiley:

Me too!!! (Sorry if I hijacked this thread.)

I was not a wham mom, I was more of yeller, but my dad, now he was a wham parent. I only got whammed once and learned my lesson, but my brothers seemed to egg him on.

I do accounting work for a small company in the town I live. They limit my hours to about 22 hrs a week, give or take. I don’t think I’d want to do more than that though It can get to feel like I’m always working so I have to be careful not to pick up the phone every time it rings etc. I have “set” times that I work and pretty much stick to them.

Did you seek out this company or were you hired? I’m an accountant who actually just entered my field and originally DH and I had not planned on having children for a while (due to financial reasons), but then decided to rely on God and He had other plans :). So, now I’m expecting, but plan on quitting the job I currently hold because it’s in downtown Chicago with quite a commute and long hours. I’ve been told to seek out small businesses to do work from home, but I don’t know how I should go about doing that, esp. since I don’t have my CPA.

I currently work part time from home, but am hoping to move into it full time by next year.

I edit online for a company.

They had an ad in the paper (local company), and it is turning out great!

I can work as much or as little as I choose, but currently choose to work about 4-5 hours a day (on top of my other part time job). Most of it is done at night after the kiddos are in bed. It does pay for private school though!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.