There are too many discrepancies within the Church of Christ, Scientist for them to even be considered Christian. Their interpretation of God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Trinity are all corrupt and if the premise is flawed, all presumptions based on that premise are also flawed. Their theology is very similar to gnosticism, and they use the bible and christian terminology to cover up their erroneous ideas. It is important to note that they, much like the JWs and LDSs use a “scriptural companion” known as Science and Health to form the basis of their faith.
Here are a few of their beliefs that would disqualify them as Christian.
- God is divine intelligence, not a person.
- The Trinity is Life, Truth, and Love, belief in the traditional doctrine of the trinity is polytheism.
- Christ is the spiritual idea of sonship.
- Jesus Christ is not himself God, as he himself declares.
- Jesus did not die.
- The Holy SPirit is divine science.
- Matter, sin, and sickness are not real, but only illusions.
- THe sacrifice of Jesus was not suffiecient to cleanse from sin.
- Mary Baker Eddy is revealed as a prophet almost the equal of Jesus.