What about my satanist girlfriend?

Not so mmuch a question but im wondering what other peeople think

My lover is a satanist, she does not support God and prefers Satan. I dont try to convert her as i respect peoples views

Buuuuuuuuuuuut…

She has an amazing personality and helps those in need… She is such a loving caring person who would never hurt anybody and rarely says anything nasty to anybody

I love her to bits and regardless how sinfull it may be loving her i feel that she should be judged on character not belief

What do you guys think?

Friend,

In you naiveté you are playing with fire. A satanist worships Satan. No matter how loving she may seem, she identifies with evil and embraces it. In saying that you love her regardless of how sinful it may be to do so, you are already beginning to embrace evil yourself. What one chooses to believe MATTERS! Satan is the prince of liars and can disguise himself even as an angel of light (2 Cor 11:14).

You respect her views—even when by them she is rejecting the God who created and redeemed her and you as well? What about respecting Him who suffered such torture and death for love of you both as the result of evil?

I urge you to reflect on this:

The agony in the garden was really the agony in His mind. He suffered the passion in His mind before He suffered it in His body—to the point of actually affecting the latter by sweating blood. From here on, the mental and physical suffering played off each other and caused Him greater pain.

At the base of all His suffering was the one thing that human beings dread the most: rejection. He was betrayed by Judas, denied by Peter and abandoned by all the rest of His Apostles; those He had hand-picked as His closest intimates. He was most rejected by those who put Him to death. They not only wanted Him dead, they wanted Him more than dead; they wanted Him to suffer. This significance was not lost on Him. He felt fully the rejection as each physical agony reminded Him.

So we thank Him for joining us on our human journey and actually choosing to experience what we fear the most. We thank Him for enduring the arrest and the cruelty of the guards and the Sanhedrin. We thank Him for enduring the cruelty of Pilate who allowed Him to be executed rather than risk his own political ruin—and for the cruelty of Herod who considered Him not worth his time. We thank Him for all the time He spent satisfying their preoccupation with themselves, just delaying His ultimate death. We thank Him for the anxiety of that night in a prison cell.

The next morning He was brutally scourged with whips, then with whips with nobs at the end, and finally with whips with hooks that gouged out chunks of flesh. There was blood everywhere. The loss of so much blood not only severely weakened Him; it also caused a severe, throbbing headache that remained with Him for the duration.

We thank Him for this and for the mockery He received when they put a filthy purple cloth on His shoulders and open wounds. The Shroud of Turn tells us that the cap- like crown of thorns that they pressed into is head, caused ‘the worst pain that man is heir to; devastating and unbearable.” Then they blindfolded Him and battered His forehead, brow, right upper lip, jaw and nose with their fists; insisting that He ‘prophesy’ who had hit Him. Yet they were the ones who couldn’t see. Then they spat on Him.

He stood at the praetorium in utter disgrace according to the attitude of the crowd—while in reality, He stood in utter glory: almighty God, being present to every person who has ever suffered rejection, joining them in their moment of pain. It was there that He was sentenced to death by crucifixion. Physically, He was utterly miserable. He revealed to St. Bernard that carrying the cross was His most painful agony. He was so weak and thirsty, the pressure and trauma of the crown of thorns and blows to His head made the weight of the cross almost unbearable. Scripture tells us that He fell down three times on the stone streets that were filthy with animal dung—with the cross on top of Him. But the Shroud shows that He fell many, many times. And He got up each time.

It was only with the help of Simon of Cyrene that He made it to the top of Calvary. The Shroud tells us that the nailing to the cross caused (causalgia) agonizing pain like lightening bolts traversing the arms and the legs.

After three hours of hanging there his body just gave out. The Shroud gives as the cause of death: “Cardiac and respiratoty arrest due to hypovolemic and traumatic shock, due to crucifixion.”

Transcending time, the moment of His death covers every human person who has ever lived or will live, but it also remain IN time as the Eucharist, present to us on the altars and in the tabernacles of the world.

I encourage you to kneel before the tabernacle and say the following:

We thank you, Lord. We adore you and we praise you. By your holy cross, you have redeemed the world.

Join me in praying for your girlfriend’s release from such bondage that she encounter and accept the love her God has for her.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.