What about this man and sexual activity outside of marriage?

I started dating a guy from college, and he is really sweet, considerate, and of course, Christian. He’s actually Catholic, like myself. Now I know that being a Catholic doesn’t necessarily mean you agree with everything the church says, but there’s an issue that does concern me.
I believe that any sexual activity outside of marriage, even if it’s not “the act” itself, is wrong. I had this talk with my boyfriend, and I found out that not only does he NOT agree with this statement, that he actually did stuff with his other girlfriends, though he says he’s still a virgin. I can look past his previous actions, as I am a sinner myself, but it worries me that he doesn’t find anything wrong with people performing other types of sexual acts before marriage. He says it isn’t a sin and it isn’t sex. He says “society makes it impossible to resist everything.” I don’t know what to do about this. Do we have to agree on this subject? Should I let it go?

Friend,

A man who can rationalize fornication will have no difficulty rationalizing adultery. Get a clue!

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.