What about this prayer?

I wrote a prayer to the Holy Spirit in the same vain of the Saint Augustine with my own twist so to speak. it reads:

O Holy Spirit, Breathe of the Father and the Son, may all my thoughs be Holy.

O Holy Spirit, Together with the Father and Son, whose glory is in your handiwork of Creation, may my work too be Holy.

O Holy Spirit, Together with the Father and the Son, whose Love sustains the Universe, may I love what is Holy.

O Holy Spirit, Together with Father testify to the Son, may I defend all that is Holy.

O Holy Spirit, Together with the Father and the Son, may I be Holy as you are Holy.

Amen.

the question is,
is it correct for me to refer the Holy Spirit as the Breathe of the Father and Son? Should I
stop this prayer and go to confession. I love God and want to please him. please help.

you don’t have to post this, but I have asked several questions in the past and received no answer at all … not even an email. nothing, nada, zilch, complete silence. please answer this or i may have to give up catholic answers.

thanks
freeintheson.

Hi,

The fact that none of your questions have been answered so far is not personal. We just can't answer them all. Your use of 'breath" is poetic and is allowable. Actually, the Father and the Holy Spirit have no bodies. So the Father has no breath as we know breath. Nor can the Holy Spirit be the Father's breath as we know breath. But the thought that you convey is a good one.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.