What ads are you seeing on CAF?

G-r-r-r-r-r! :wink:

1 Like

I am mostly seeing food. I don’t even google that but it’s better than “corona masks” or “computer servers”

1 Like

I get emails from Pinterest showing me the new hot items. I have no problem getting emails from Pinterest as I love the sight…however, my last purchase was for some cute homemade masks so Pinterest now concludes each daily email by showing me…more masks! It’s enough that I might cancel the newsletter from them and let them know that my life doesn’t revolve around buying masks all the time…perhaps my interests lie elsewhere? Show me something I haven’t bought! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::grimacing::mask:

2 Likes

It doesn’t? :rofl:
I don’t know why I get that server ad lol. I never bought any

2 Likes

And computer parts and servers would interest me! I don’t expect that from Pinterest but google ads should be aware of my computer geekyness!

2 Likes

I dunno.

If google can track you that well, it suggests a lack of adquate geekiness . . .
:crazy_face: :thinking: :rofl:

hawk, out on the fringe of anti-tracking

2 Likes

I’d love to know what google thinks about me. I’m very atypical. If they know my age and sex…which they do, I don’t lie about it, then they must have some algorithm scratching it’s head over my interest in computers, comics, sewing, paper crafting and religion! :rofl:

2 Likes

You’ve blown up their AI.

1 Like

Oh good! I love causing explosions and mind blowing expectations! :hugs:

2 Likes

Today, my ad was for a Porche!

I’m not in the market for a new car, let alone a Porsche.

:confounded::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

It has been several weeks since I started this thread and I’m still getting ads for automobile engines and transmissions. Not sure why!

And mine is Citroën today :crazy_face: lol

2 Likes

On roughly three (maybe four) occasions in the past few days, I had great difficulty getting onto the CAF site. It insisted that my password was incorrect, but I refused to make a new one because I knew that I had typed it correctly. I’d leave, try later; repeat ad nauseam. Once on the site, clicking was practically useless. I’d give up, leave and try later. These frustrations occurred only on this CAF site.

Yesterday, apparently for a change of pace, my password was accepted, but then I received a big message saying something like, “OOOOPS! It looks like you have an ad-blocker! You’ll need to turn it off in order to navigate this site.”

So, once again, I left—because I do not have, and NEVER have had, an ad-blocker. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I am REALLY getting tired of all the mickey-mouse, especially since such interruptions occur on no other site that I frequent, so I spend a fraction of the time that I used to spend here. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Maybe it’s your computer filter or firewall?
I dunno.

Speaking of ads, everyone here needs to watch the documentary on this type of subject, Google profiling etc. It’s called The Social Dilemma. Mind BLOWN. Just watch the trailer…

I watched it, and have made the strict decision to remove wifi and data from all of my kid’s cell phones. Sprint gives you the great ability to do this.

1 Like

I only use an iPhone 11 XR. I have a laptop that needs much love and attention from someone. I haven’t opened it in maybe two years, because I’m totally baffled by it—AND thousands of emails from all kinds of places that I don’t know how to stop. :cry:

I don’t understand why I don’t have similar tooth-gnashing events at other sites. Lol! Maybe we can blame it on “da debbil”! :innocent:

As you may have guessed, I don’t know beans about anything techie, much to my dismay. :roll_eyes:

:bangbang: At the moment a nice color pic of Saint Pope John Paul XXIII is near the bottom left of my phone screen, and to the right are the words, “Fertile on wedding night.” Maybe it’s just me, but even without knowing that several Natural Family Planning details are discussed on the thread, the words next to the Pope’s picture are jarring and seem obscene.

1 Like

It happens to me sometimes. Once I had ad-blocker on my phone but I deleted it same day because it was useless. I didn’t intend to use it for CAF but months after that sometimes it says “OOOOPS! It looks like you have an ad-blocker!”, please turn it off, if you want ad free experience Become a Patron. Or something simmilar.
It’s annoying. I would become Patron if I could.

Page refresh helps.

:joy: :joy: :rofl: I guess that’s Catholics for yeh.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.