What age did you get engaged?

Simple question: At what age did you get engaged?

I ask because it seems that most of the couples my age (23/college aged) are getting engaged.

Engaged at 20 (1/2)
Married at 22 in 2008.

The man of my dreams proposed to me when I was 20. :D

I got engaged and actually married at 17. I was a couple of weeks shy of 18 when we got married. That proved to be way too young for us. I am 36 and finally feel ready to embrace a true marriage recognized by God.

I was 24 when I met my husband, he was 26. We were engaged a year later (25 and 27 respectively) and married when we were 26 and 28.

I was 21 when I got engaged, 22 when I got married. My husband was the same age. It’s 14 years of marriage this month! :heart::heart::heart:

22 engaged, 23 married, been married almost 12 years! :thumbsup::)

I wasn't in a relationship between the ages of 19 and 27 so I really lacked the opportunity to become engaged.

I was engaged at 20 and married at 21. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who got married at that age - it gets a little tiring hearing the 30+ crowd tell me it was insane/stupid/etc. to have gotten married before the age of 25 (especially if they’ve never been married themselves :confused::rolleyes:). I figure that since combining my husband’s age at marriage with mine averages out to 26 years, we’ll be okay. :stuck_out_tongue:

Got engaged on my 24th birthday, married at 25. Been married for 10 years!

Just a few weeks ago, at 28. :D

Engaged at 24. My grandmother on my mother's side thought I was too young to which I laughed. (She got married when she was 14.) Been married 7 1/2 years.

Engaged at 21, married at 22.
Although, my husband is 10 years older… so you can do the math on his stats. :wink:

Engaged at 18
Married at 19
Will be married 16 years this June!!!:love:

26 for me!

I’m in the middle of my group. Some of my friends married before, some still aren’t married.

I was engaged and married when I was 19. It was a very *short engagement. We just knew for sure that we were supposed to be together, so we didn't want to put it off any longer than we had to. We had a few people tell us that we were very young, but both sets of our parents were very supportive of us. We didn't care what the rest of the world thought about our *age; we both understood that marriage is for life, and we were both committed to making it work that way.

I was the first of my friends to get married. Most of the ones who are married now did so when they were 22-25 years old, but some are still content to be single.

I have friends who married right out of HS, those who married during or just after college like us, and those who married long after, whose kids are contemporaries of my grandchildren. The ones who are still married are those who never lived together before marriage and never practiced ABC. we are the generation who experimented, who went overnight from getting married as virgins and having 6+ kids, to premarital experimentation of all kinds and embracing ABC. We are the war veterans of the sexual revolution. I am convinced those are the factors, not age at marriage, that have most impact on longevity of a marriage, because almost by definition they demand total commitment.

Your stats may be partially skewed cause the vast majority of responders are women here. I would think that the average age for guys could be a few years older than the average age of the women.

We got engaged when I was 22 (DH is one year older than me). We got married when I was 24. :slight_smile:

We were 21 and 22. We will be married 20 years this summer. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.