What am I?

Since I left Protestantism and come to Catholicism, what I am considered? If I’m not Protesant, I am not Catholic because I’m not confirmed. I’m in RCIA and will get confirmed in November I think. Am I pre-Catholic?

You’re a catechumen :thumbsup:

[quote=Genesis315]You’re a catechumen :thumbsup:
[/quote]

No 'cause I was already baptized in a Protestant church!!!

If someone asks you what religion you are, proudly say, “I’m Catholic” or, on more technical terms, “I’m getting ready to be initiated into the Catholic Church!”

Have pride in your Catholic Faith, because too many people don’t.

You can always say I’m a Christian…who attends a Catholic Church

[quote=Paris Blues]No 'cause I was already baptized in a Protestant church!!!
[/quote]

I always thought catechumens were simply people preparing to enter the Catholic Church :hmmm: Oh well.

Yeah, I think you can safely call yourself Catholic either way.

[/quote]

I suppose it would depend on how you feel about your Protestant baptism *(i.e.: Whether or not you feel it’s valid, etc). *Assuming you’re not rejecting Jesus as your Savior now, wouldn’t you still be considered a Christian? As for what the Roman Catholic Church would “label” you, I really couldn’t say.

My apologies. :frowning:

[/quote]

You would be a "candidate." :wink:

[quote=ChristianWAB]I suppose it would depend on how you feel about your Protestant baptism *(i.e.: Whether or not you feel it’s valid, etc). *Assuming you’re not rejecting Jesus as your Savior now, wouldn’t you still be considered a Christian? As for what the Roman Catholic Church would “label” you, I really couldn’t say.

My apologies. :frowning:
[/quote]

If she had a valid baptism, then it wouldn’t make any difference how she felt about it (with regards to it’s validity.)

And of course she’s still Christian, she’s being called by Christ to come into the fullness of truth, the Catholic Church…there’s no rejecting Christ as her Savior here, in fact soon she will get to receive Him in the most intimate way possible - the Eucharist! :wink:

[quote=E.E.N.S.]You would be a "candidate." :wink:
[/quote]

My religion is Candidate! :thumbsup:

Well, I would consider myself 99% Catholic because of what I believe!!! Even my RCIA instructor told me that there was no doubt I was ready to enter into the Church! I’m ready! I’M READY!!! :thumbsup:

I’m just waiting for Communion and it’s taking FOREVER!!! :frowning:

I was talking to an instructor about something and religion got brought up and she asked me what church I went to and told her. She was like, “Oh, you’re Catholic!” I didn’t say yes or no. Was that good or bad? I’m not protesting against the CC nor have I taken Communion yet. So on the safe side, I kept my mouth shut.

[quote=Paris Blues]My religion is Candidate! :thumbsup: .
[/quote]

No, your state is candidate, your faith is Catholic. :wink:

[quote=Paris Blues]Well, I would consider myself 99% Catholic because of what I believe!!! Even my RCIA instructor told me that there was no doubt I was ready to enter into the Church! I’m ready! I’M READY!!!

I’m just waiting for Communion and it’s taking FOREVER!!!

I was talking to an instructor about something and religion got brought up and she asked me what church I went to and told her. She was like, “Oh, you’re Catholic!” I didn’t say yes or no. Was that good or bad? I’m not protesting against the CC nor have I taken Communion yet. So on the safe side, I kept my mouth shut.
[/quote]

I was there once too, about 6 years ago. I just told people that I was “in the process of becoming Catholic.” :wink:

[quote=E.E.N.S.]No, your state is candidate, your faith is Catholic. :wink:
)
[/quote]

So then I am Catholic on my way to the “confirmation table” so to speak?

Kinda like when you send e-mail to someone, it went through but to double check for you, you get a confirmation?
:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Paris Blues]So then I am Catholic on my way to the “confirmation table” so to speak?

Kinda like when you send e-mail to someone, it went through but to double check for you, you get a confirmation?
:stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Man, you’re Catholic (say that with PRIDE!!!), even if not fully initiated. Welcome home!!! I’m so excited for you!!

[quote=Paris Blues]So then I am Catholic on my way to the “confirmation table” so to speak?
[/quote]

Yep! :wink:

Actually, anyone who is baptised in the Trinitarian method is baptised into Christ’s Mystical Body (the Catholic Church.)

you are a baptized Christian preparing for Confirmation and First Communion through prayer and study, so that you will be able to make your profession of faith knowing what your commitment is and how to live the demands of life fully in union with Christ.

An intriguing question Paris Blues. I’ve pondered that question these months. Not so much, What am I? More, What’s the agenda. Dan

[quote=E.E.N.S.]You would be a "candidate." :wink:
[/quote]

Exactly! And BTW, if you die before November (God Forbid!) you will be buried as a Catholic. You’re one of us Paris…just coming into full communion.
Pax tecum,

My daughter is batized only and she is Catholic, My son has made his first reconcilation and first communion but hasn’t been confirmed yet and he is Catholic. The are both still on the journey. I am a cradle Catholic and so is my husband. So if your christian on the path to full communion you are a Catholic.

It is so nice to hear people who out of their love of Jesus are doing what you are doing. And for ChristianWAB, Catholics accept any valid baptism done in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, as Jesus commanded. We follow Jesus Christ into the Catholic Church we reject Him by denying Him.

Just a few days ago, I was at an office and someone asked my friend in the office (a cradle Catholic who occasionally attends church) if he was Catholic.

He hesitated and quietly said yes as if expecting something bad. It made me a little sad, I am trying to get him to start regularly attending the Church and the realize the gift of his faith.

God Bless
Scylla

By all your guys’ posts, I’m taking it like I am Catholic but waiting to be “double checked”? Like saying, “I am Catholic?” and the priest says, “Yes, you are Catholic just to let you know!” something like that?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.