What are all the different rites in the Church?

I was reading an article and it was talking about the differences between the “coptic orthodox” church and the roman Catholic church. Is the coptic orthodox church catholic? What are the different rites in the Catholic church? Are the different rites different from each other, or do they just have different names, yet they are the same church with the same teachings?

My husband and I have been looking into the catholic church, and have been to mass every Sunday for the past three months, but I find a lot of the terminology and history confusing. I read that there are some Protestants that follow the Nicene Creed, and who say that they are catholic (Anglicans and Lutherans).

This link should give you the answer you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Eastern & Oriental Catholic Rites & Churches - A Reference Thread
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.