What are the Criteria for a Godmother?

My sister is Catholic, received the sacraments, but is married to a non-catholic. They did not get married in the Catholic church. He was previously divorced, has kids, and his previous marriage was not annulled by the Catholic church before he and my sister got married. With that being the case, can my sister be the godmother of my baby when we have her baptized in December? My sister just recently had a baby and is having her baptized in the Catholic Church in October and I am the godfather. I was wondering how she could have her baby baptized in the Church but possibly not be able allowed to be a godparent to mine? Thank you for your help in answering my questions!

The following links should help you better understand the Church’s guidelines for being a godparent. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]What are the requirements for godparents?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.