What are the hard-to-accept Mortal Sins?

Hello - would anyone have some lists of common but hard-to-accept and/or less-talked-about mortal sins/grave matter? As part of a new year, I am hoping to do a self-audit to see where I am lacking. I would say examples of grave matter that are commonly known are listed the Ten Commandments (at a high level), like: adultery, theft, taking the Lord’s Name in Vain, coveting, idolatry. Examples that I have found of the lesser-known or harder-to-accept areas of grave matter may be the following: masturbation, working on a Holy Day of Obligation (which follows the same rules as Sundays), being a Freemason, supporting Gay marriage, participating in office gossip that causes someone to lose reputation in their work.

Regarding the list(s): please sensor out what seem to be venial or scrupulous matter. Right now, I’m just looking for serious, grave matter.

One request: please don’t use this thread to debate the items on lists provided - rather create a new thread with a link if needed to discuss any one of these in greater detail. I would love to read the debates - but don’t want to sidetrack this thread from gathering a full list together.

Thank you in advance for your research!

try googling ‘examination of conscience’ that breaks it down pretty well.

Contraception, IVF, abstaining from meat (it’s a mortal sin on Fridays during Lent and Ash Wednesday), fasting, impure thoughts that lead to arousal, liberalism (modern day) has a lot of the aspects of modernism, a heresy condemned by Pius X and other popes

Thanks. I took a look at some of the Examination of Conscience sites - but none seem to differentiate between common grave vs. common venial (and some items seem to be borderline scrupulous) matter though many of these may be specifically due to severity of the deed (for example: malicious gossip vs news of a dangerous risk in a group - there might be a wide range of gray before something becomes grave matter).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.