What are the Message and Lessons of “The Cross?”

Jesus obviously had some message, some lessons he wanted us to understand.

WHAT DO YOU think they might be?

Phil.2: 8 “And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross”

Luke.9 :23 And he said to all, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.”

Mark.8: 34 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, [Apostles] and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.”

Luke.14: 7 “Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple.”

Love is stronger than Death!

=Neithan;9806213]Love is stronger than Death!

:slight_smile: WOW! That certainly in ONE of them.

THANK YOU,

pat/PJM

Thank God! :bowdown2:

The tens of thousands of lambs slaughtered for passover had to be processed very quickly so that all the Jews could roast their lam and eat it that night.

They would slaughter the lambs in batches and them bring them to be prepared. The lambs would strung up on skewers to be skinned and gutted. One skewer would go through the hind quarters and up through the back of the neck, and the other would go through the arms forming a cross or a T.

Picture tens of thousands of lambs, slaughtered for the passover sacrifice, strung up on skewers which form the shape of a cross. Each lamb was a mini-Crucifixion, and Jesus the Lamb was crucified the same day as the passover sacrifice.

-Tim-

A few messages:

• If you do the right thing, you will suffer.
  • Love is pain.
  • Eventually, all who you trusted will flee from you, except (hopefully) your Mother, and maybe someone else, if you are lucky.
  • All life, even (and especially) the most noble, is a tragedy.

On the positive side, we learn:

• Nothing lasts forever.
  • There is peace beyond the grave, a peace which this world cannot give.
  • The way of the most High are totally incomprehensible.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.