What are the 'other' books?

I saw this verse tonight, and have seen it before and wondered what those other books could possibly be, but never really thought anymore about it, until now.

Notice, ‘books’ in plural, meaning multiple books?

12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and** books** were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

I fully understand the Book of Life and what that book holds, but cannot even begin to guess about the other books, anyone care to guess?

At the Final Judgment, the deeds of all will be made known to everyone. This passage alludes to this aspect of the final judgment.

In the way that it is expressed here, there will be a ‘scroll of life’, in which the names of all those who will attain to heaven is written. In addition, there are ‘scrolls’ upon which all the deeds of every person are written. The deeds will be read out loud, and the people whose names aren’t written in the scroll of life are “thrown into the lake of fire.”

So, the allusion here is that all our deeds are recorded, and will be revealed at the final judgment.

Perhaps the first 5 books of the NT? If we are not under Grace (Book of Life), we’re judged under the Law.

Romans 6:14 - For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Romans 2:14 - For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law.

Galatians 3:10 - For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.