What are the things you should know as a catholic?

Everything is in the title… Things you should know any good links / threads / books that would help

The Catechism was established I think for this question. :o

:thumbsup:

The thing about Catholicism is that you can and should continue to learn throughout your entire lifetime. Start with the basic tenants of the faith which can be understood through the Bible and the Catechism. But after that, my goodness… the lives of the saints, the history of the papacy, councils, dogmas, doctrine…we can keep learning at all times. Catholicism is a deep, flowing river full of life. Just one water sample doesn’t paint the whole ecological picture, if you follow my drift (pun intended:thumbsup:).

The meaning of the Sacraments, how to interpret the Bible, Catechism,

There are so many things you can learn Catholicism is filled with treasure.

The 10 commandments, the Bible…

Peter 3:15 says.

Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

So, it’s a good idea, especially in modern times, to also know at least a little apologetics.

ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/WALLET.HTM

How fast can you get out of the church parking lot before all the other people so you can get a good table at your favorite restaurant?:smiley: The shortcuts home so you don’t miss a moment of your favorite Sunday afternoon sports event on TV:rolleyes:

“Catholicism for Dummies” is helpful.

To which I’d add (in the same spirit): How late you can come to Mass and still have it “count.” How to confess embarrassing sins in the most vague and least awkward way. And, how to convince yourself that putting $1 a week into the basket is all you need to give to “support” the church. :smiley:

Please refrain from off topic posting. Two such posts removed. :rolleyes:

Primary things to know as a Catholic, in my opinion:

-The Bible is a Catholic Book, written by Catholcs and assemble dby Catholics.

-There is nothing, NOTHING in the Bible which is contrary to the Catholic Faith, and nothing, NOTHING in the Catholic Faith contrary to Scripture.

As John Martignoni says, “engrain those into your psyche” and you can engage anyone confidently. The best any protestant can do is to say, “my fallible interpretation/understanding of this verse is better than your fallible interpretation.” The Catholic can say, “my fallible interpretation is supported by the infallible teaching of the authoritative Church that Jesus Christ established.”

Get a copy of Catholicism for Dummies…it’s a good starting point. Seriously. :yup:

That Jesus founded One Church, not 30,000 different ones! Also that heaven and hell are real and there is a spiritual war going on and as Catholics we don’t get to sit on the sidelines and merely watch!:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.