What are you cooking for Easter?

catholicculture.org/lit/recipes/view.cfm?id=1227

post-gazette.com/food/20010405mailbox.asp

thanks for the lamb cake links. Now, where can I get a mold?

I’m not cooking this year. Mom and Dad are springing for dinner at a nice restaurant :slight_smile:

Last time I cooked Easter dinner, it was a brown sugar/mustard-glazed ham, asparagus-and-gruyere quiche, fruit salad, green salad, rolls, and amaretto cheesecake for dessert (with cherry port wine on the side). It was fun and everything was great. I wish I had time to cook like that this year.

Any store that sells cake decorating supplies (i.e., Wilton), like a craft store, perhaps. I’m sure you could also find one on Amazon.com, but it’s getting a little late for that! Happy baking!

Betsy

In addition to the crown roast of pork I mentioned earlier, I will also be serving antipasto, bucatini with sauce, and sauce meat (meatballs and sausage), asparagus with sesame seeds, baked cauliflower, scalloped tomatoes, tomato and onion salad, pepper biscuits, and grain pie. Should be plenty of leftovers; I won’t have to do much cooking for a couple of weeks. :slight_smile:

**Crazy Internet Junkies Society (Mudgie/Junkie Hybrid)
**Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag

Roast pork loin, green beans, hashbrown casserole, hot rolls and chocolate cake. Plus whatever else my sister and nieces bring. We live in the south, and when we all get together, we have (way too much) food.:slight_smile:

Santa Maria style Tri Tip roast, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a nice salad. I think I finally have the Weber kettle charcoal grill figured out enough to do it.

In matters of cooking, my Italian heritage trumps my husband’s Swedish roots. For dinner there’ll be prime rib with roasted fingerling potatoes, wine-marinated mushrooms, pickled asparagus, and rolls with huckleberry jam (this is Montana - ya gotta have huckleberries).
Then - the desserts. Here’s where my roots show. There will be Pastiera di Grano (Neapolitan Easter wheat pie), Colomba di Pasqua (sweet bread in the shape of a dove with almond paste-and-sugar-crusted wings), lemon bars, 4-layer chocolate cake, Irish trifle (I cooked for Irish priests for years), amaretti (tiny almond macaroons), and Easter chocolates galore.
Lest you think we are just hogs with saber-tooth sweet teeth, we have three families joining us just for dessert.
In honor of my beloved husband’s Swedish heritage, dessert will be a smorgasbord!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.