What are YOU doing for the Holy Souls?

Hello-

Purgatory. Yuck. Any description makes it out to be a place you’d want to spend a lot of time, right? The good part is Heaven will come. The bad part is it can take nearly forever to get in, and I do mean nearly forver. Think of how miserable it would be to wait (not that you’re going to be one of those waiting, of course). So how about giving a Holy Soul or two a hand?

Here’s my current prayers.

I say (with less regularity than I should) a decade of the Prayer of St Gertrude the Great, a decade of the Offereing of The Holy Wounds and Precious Blood of Jesus, and the following chaplet:

The Apostle’s Creed, repeated five (5) times

Then say once each the following prayers

Hail Holy Queen
The Our Father
The Hail Mary
The Glory Be
The Requim (the version below)

Requiem:
V. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
R. and let perpetual light shine upon
them.
V. May they rest in peace.
R. Amen.
V. May all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
R. Amen

Feel free to use the above. Please.

And as always, there’s the Rosary, help for both the Church Militant and the Church Suffering, comfort and calming. If you’re saying the Rosary regularly already, thank you and please keep it up. You’re doing great things!

Just some ideas to help our brothers and sisters who must wait, and wait, and wait for their place the Glorious Wedding Banquet of Our Lord and His Bride.

Thank you for your time,

JXM

Beautiful JXM. I’m sure many souls are grateful to you.

I devote all of my masses to them and pray for them at Consecration.

Sounds like Constantine.

Prayer of Saint Gertrude the Great, as well.

I offer ALL indulgences attached to my works and prayers each day, to Jesus to distribute to the poor souls in purgatory, as He knows is best.

ive never heard of this prayer, does anybody have a copy they could give me?

i like this holy souls websitehttp://missionbell.homestead.com/Afavourgrantedbytheholysouls.html

I house my anti-semetic, racist, hate filled brother. He is disabled and can not work and has no income.
My priest told me that every time I want to scream or, at minimal, punch my brother’s lights out, I should offer my anger up for the souls in purgatory.
I have found that to be a wonderful way to lug this cross around.

offer that up along with some prayers for the holy souls and ask them to help your brother have a change of view and attitude…

god bless you:thumbsup:

Most of you all have me beat, but I do say a few prayers daily, usually including the prayer of St. Gert, and I try to say a few indulgenced prayers each week. It is part of the rule of the lay association I am hoping to get off the ground.

Also when I go through something unpleasant like a medical procedure I offer it for them. Or for my boss in advance because he’ll sure need it when he gets there! :smiley:

lay association for the holy souls?

what are the rules? and can people on caf join?:smiley:

I have a few family members that I pray for. I offer my discomforts and sufferings for them and pray the Rosary. I occasionally get a reminder that I should pray for them more often.

Please visit my website below my name. It’s not specifically for the holy souls but it includes our devotion to them as part of our share in the priesthood of Christ.

My morning prayer:

Eternal Father, I offer you all my thoughts, words, actions, joys and sufferings of this day, in union with all the Holy Masses that will be offered this day for the Intentions fo the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. For the Pope and the Pope’s intentions, for the Holy Catholic Church and Christians everywhere, for the conversion of sinners, the salvation of the dying and for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Amen.

I also offer the Rosary and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy daily, and whenever possible I pay to have Masses offered for the Holy Souls.

i just checked out your link…your site is really good:thumbsup:

The way I see it ( a priest may differ and be right) when one dies he’s not completly cleansed from all stain of sin.He may be forgiven but it isnt completely forgotten(by that individual).This person has lust.He goes to confession God forgives him but the lust comes back (its not fully forgotten).To be fully forgotten one has to due something to replace that desire to lust.Something positive.Something meritorious,virtuous.Like spending time helping people in need in your parish.Any charitable action which consumes your time so you can’t be tempted.Idleness is the devil’s workshop.If one has committed lots of venial sins which have added up over the years its going to take some time in purgatory for that person to be free from those habitual habits which are venial sins.I’m not quite sure how God does this but I’m sure its painful because we know how hard it is to break a bad habit.

You have a wise and holy priest! I like to offer up the Prayer of St. G right after communion.

Well for won I`m wearing dunlop for them,…sign of the cross!

thanks!

you could offer up your communion for them too:thumbsup:

take a glance at this site…

missionbell.homestead.com/Afavourgrantedbytheholysouls.html

.its a favourite of mine, its full of wonderful favours that people have received through the holy souls prayers and intercessions…they are awesome people to make friends with cos they will help you if you will only pray for them and their relief and deliverance from purgatory

I try to have Masses said for them…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.