What are you doing for World Consecration Day?

I understand Pope Francis has asked us to come together as a people, and we are to spend this weekend dedicated to the consecration of the entire world to the Blessed Virgin Mary. I think this is very important, especially given the evil of our times. It couldn’t come at a more opportune time!

I’m a bit disappointed at the lack of coverage. Here, I’ve talked to a number of devout, regular church goers who hadn’t even heard of it!

Anyway, here in my city in Mexico, we are planning on getting together at a stadium. We are to pray 10 decades of the rosary…the joyful and luminous. I’m not sure what else. I guess I’ll see when I get there. I hope we get a good turnout, both in Mexico, and worldwide!

What are the rest of you planning to do this weekend?

I held a public square rosary rally a few hours ago.This is through America Needs Fatima
There were over10,000 rallies across the Nation.This is in a effort to pray for the conversion of America

Part of the program included the prayer of consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary!
Mary Sat of Wisdom…Pray for Us!:slight_smile:

Good for you!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Is that World Constipation Day? If so I will add a bit more bran to my diet!:rolleyes:

I’m praying the Litany of St. Joseph… no Joseph, no Mary or Jesus :wink:

I am going to pray 20 decades of the Rosary, or all of the mysteries. It is something I have never had the chance to do before, and since I’m not quite Catholic yet, I thought this might be a good thing, but I could be wrong. Hopefully I’m not! :stuck_out_tongue:

I will be doing my personal consecration to Mary today. I had received a book about consecration to Mary a while ago, but I was finally inspired to go through with it when I found out that the Pope would be consecrating the world to Mary, particularly since today is my birthday.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.