What are you going to give Jesus for Christmas?

What are you going to give Jesus for Christmas?

Often, we all get caught up with our own lives. This Christmas is an opportunity to totally give our wills to God’s will.
This year I am giving,Jesus, my illnesses in JOY.

I am hoping you will add to this post by posting what you are giving to, Jesus, for His Birthday.

May all God’s blessing be yours this Christmas.

Jollyoki

Wonderful question! Thanks to your thoughtful post, many more kind people will consider what they may give Jesus ifrom their lives and hearts for His birthday

:eek:
Good question. You’ve given me something big to think over. I’m honestly not sure!

I am not sure either and I kind of feel bad for admitting that, but now I know it is something I have to work on!

I heard the loveliest idea the other day that really struck me and that I would like to do at Christmas mass.

So, in the eucharist, Jesus says “This is my body, given up for you.” The idea is, after communion, you pray to Jesus and say, “And this is my body Lord, given over to you. It is fragile and weak, but I give it to you to do with what you will.”

I don’t know why I never thought to pray like this, but it just seemed so beautiful. So, hopefully I will get to confession, and then be able to do this at Christmas!:slight_smile:

That is a beautiful gift after communion. I never heard it put that way. Thanks for sharing. I am still thinking about what more I can give Jesus.
I am so happy you all have found my thread. I am sure I will get ideas from all of you about what other Birthday presents I can give Jesus .
Jollyoki

Can I give Him my sins in the sacrament of Reconciliation? Wrapped up in some humility, surrender, and obedience?

How about joy? Love of neighbor - even the person that takes the last parking place right before I get to it?

And how about some patience at all the small annoyances and stresses that seem to come with this time of year?

I will proclaim His greatness and loving kindness to relatives and loved ones who do not believe in Him. He loves them is spite of their disbelief.

My heart :heart:

Awesome…isn’t that what He wants?

In the words of St. Ignatius Loyola . . .

Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; I give it all back to Thee and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone along with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

Suscipe, Domine, universam meam libertatem. Accipe memoriam, intellectum, atque voluntatem omnem. Quidquid habeo vel possideo mihi largitus es; id tibi totum restituo, ac tuae prorsus voluntati trado gubernandum. Amorem tui solum cum gratia tua mihi dones, et dives sum satis, hec aliud quidquam ultra posco.

It seems that we all are on the same ‘page’, yet our own way of saying it. Certainly, this is inspired by the Holy Spirit in us all.
I am so blessed to be among you all.
Jollyoki

Well in the natural now :smiley:

Our three year old is having trouble with birthdays, they are pretty constant in the family from Oct. 25 there are four bd’s and his is Dec. 31. So I made him up a calander with everyones birthday on it, including Jesus’s and told him after Jesus birthday his is a week away.

So for the first time - my husband i have been married 40 years - with the 3 year old grandbaby we are going to have a :cake: for Jesus.

After Divine Liturgy on the parish always goes downstairs for breakfast, so I guess this year we will have it for breakfast :smiley:

Pani Rose your post reminded me of when my first grandaughter was around five and as she was helping me put the Christmas tree up I explained to her it was Jesus Birthday Tree. She just looked at me and asked where His cake was. I really had to laugh, I never thought of that but it made sense, so after that the cake we have at Christmas is always Jesus birthday cake.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.