What Are You Googling?

Dear CAF memebrs, Pax Christi:

A friend of mine just wrote a little article on the deeper meaning of our Google searches. I though it was interesting, so I figured I would share it. God bless.

catholic.net/index.php?option=dedestaca&id=6163&grupo=News Media&canal=Entertainment

In Christ,
Br Matthew, LC

[quote="MPSchneiderLC, post:1, topic:230976"]
Dear CAF memebrs, Pax Christi:

A friend of mine just wrote a little article on the deeper meaning of our Google searches. I though it was interesting, so I figured I would share it. God bless.

catholic.net/index.php?option=dedestaca&id=6163&grupo=News Media&canal=Entertainment

In Christ,
Br Matthew, LC

[/quote]

i googled praying for amelia of fatima, and i also googled the holy souls in purgatory and found this absoloutely brilliant site that everybody should see...
missionbell.homestead.com/Afavourgrantedbytheholysouls.html

I google every morning – after I come home from daily Mass I google “Creighton Daily Reflections” – the reflections are done by members of the faculty at Creighton as well as staff members. They “add” to my thoughts and memories on the Gospel of the day.

Well, I don't think my "hands will go numb" before God because of what I've Googled or the internet sites I visit. To me Google is a tool, like an encyclopedia, to which I go to find many things of interest. We need to treat the internet like any other resource out there--avoid what is harmful and embrace what is good. I suppose there are people who go to questionable sites, but that's a moral failing not the "fault" of the internet--not that that was the author's point, but someone is bound to come to that simplistic conclusion sooner or later. ;)

I’m sure I’ve googled a lot of things I that demand Confession but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with looking up stuff for whimsical amusement.

And heck, it gets even harder when the stuff you’re looking for is mixed in with a lot of garbage. -.-

Interesting. I just checked. My last google was:

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

It is right and sweet to die for one's country.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.