What are you reading?

Currently I am reading St. Teresa of Avila’s autobiography.

Chesterson’s “Everlasting Man”

In Silence with God by Benedict Baur amazon.com/Silence-God-Benedict-Baur/dp/0933932936/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251210990&sr=8-1#

Life of Christ by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Pardon and Peace, by Alfred Wilson, C.P. Excellent.

Betsy

Bl. Columba Marmion’s Christ in His Mysteries.

“The fellowship of the Ring”, the first part of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly
The Joyful Beggar by Louis de Wohl

Just Finished “Hail Holy Queen” – Scott Hahn

Currently Reading “A Story of a Soul” – Translated by Fr. John Clark, OCD and “Prayer Primer: Igniting the Fire Within” – Fr. Thomas Dubay, S.M.

– Cadian :knight1:

Treasure in Clay - Archbishop Sheen’s autobiography. :slight_smile:

Get Out Of That Pit by Beth Moore

Story of a Soul - St. Therese of Lisieux
Do I have to Go? - 101 Questions about the Mass, the Eucharist, and your spiritual Life by Matthew Pinto and Chris Stefanick

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton

“Witness to Hope: The Biography of Pope John Paul II” by George Weigel.

I’m plodding through it, slowly. Mr. Weigel is a brilliant man, a brilliant author… writing ABOUT another brilliant man. So… it has been slow (but interesting) reading for the “not so brilliant”. :blushing: I recommend this book.

God bless.

just finished the ascent to mount carmel by john of the cross

Follow it up with “Dark Night of the Soul” the two are ment to be read together. :slight_smile:

– Cadian :knight1:

I forgot to put my second book on there. Oops! I’m also reading “Catholic & Christian: An Explanation of Commonly Misunderstood Catholic Beliefs.” I read that one before bed. :slight_smile:

Is the Ascent meant to be read first. Can one read the Dark Night without reading the other, or is reading the Ascent first really necessary to understnad the second.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.