What are you taught are the keys to the kingdom?

John Paul Jackson teaches that the keys to the kingdom contain the 9 ministry gifts of the spirit.
Where you loose the power of the kingdom and bind or destroy the works of the devil.

What were you taught?

And where do you see the people destroying the works of the devil?

[quote=“almost2, post:1, topic:456672, full:true”]

John Paul Jackson teaches that the keys to the kingdom contain the 9 ministry gifts of the spirit.
Where you loose the power of the kingdom and bind or destroy the works of the devil.

Ok

What were you taught?

The authorty of the office of pope.

What people?

Peace!!!

Catholic Encyclopedia article on “Power of the Keys.”

Noncatholics go to religious conventions to see and experience the keys of the kingdon in operation. And experience the keys of the kingdom.
Kenneth e Hagan was a prophet in the word of faith denomation.

And of course john Paul Jackson taught and described how to be a deciple

The keys represent God’s authority and power. These keys were given to Peter and through him, to the Church.

In the Catholic Church at every Mass. at every Baptism. At every Confession. In short, at every Sacrament. Also, every time someone gives alms or does a good work.

Greetings almost2, can you elaborate on how going to a convention binds or destroys the works of the devil? I have a few JW family members who attend regularly their conventions and i dont think attending these conventions necessarly do what you propose.

Peace!!!

The speakers at the conference will give testimony of examples of loosing the power of the kingdom. To set people free from personal problems. Or needing healing in some area of their life.

Those who receive a righteous man will receive a reward of that revelation.

And application of how to destroy the works of the devil.

Im sorry my bad. I thought we were talking about the keys to the kingdom of heaven in Mt 16:19. Examples of loosing this power doesn’t exist.

Peace!!!

Yes the keys to the kingdom as saint Paul describes in 1cor 12.

The application is these ministry keys. Heal. Deliver and set free.people and

Destroy the works of the devil.

This is why saint Paul said I would not have you ignorant.

The power to heal and prophesize and to destroy works of the devil are by the Holy Spirit. To imply that the Holy Spirit is “the keys” is not found in the Bible.

The keys represent authority in the Kingdom. The keys are found in the OT where they represented delegated authority from the King of Israel to one or more of his magistrates, generals, etc… The King possessed all legal power of the Kingdom; he could not carry out all his duties, so he had to delegate “the keys” to others who legally carried out his duties on his behalf. It’s like a court appointing a legal representative in a legal matter regarding a child or someone who is defunct.

We chip away at the devil’s plans every time we pray the “Prayer to St. Michael”.

Yes that is what you are taught. Everyone has been taught a commentary . that they can quote.

So how successful have you been in the ministry holy spirit .the 9 gifts that saint Paul describes?
That destroys the work of the devil?

I’m not familiar with the results of the
st Michael prayer.
Where have you observed its effectiveness?

Conversion toward God is the action of the Holy Spirit. Changes in
behavior are the action of the Holy Spirit.

Any success in this area is not of my own doing. To say that it is would
be a lie.

I was not taught the first two sentences in my previous reply. However, I
have an understanding of what happened at Pentecost and knowledge of what
Jesus said. I also have knowledge of the Bible to state that “Holy Spirit
is “the keys” is not in the Bible”.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.