What are your favorite CHRISTMAS movies of all time?

I like White Christmas, Holiday Inn and Miracle on 34th Street. The older movies have a certain warmth to it. :winter:

Add to that list Christmas in Conneticut,these are my favs;)

Are we talking Christmas already?!? :slight_smile: One of my all time favourites is the version of the Christmas Carol with George C. Scott. But mainly I like any movie that depicts the Holy events of the first Christmas (I can’t actually name any titles or actors, I just flip through channels until I find something).

Also, “A Charlie Brown Christmas”. And, “The Grinch who stole Christmas”.

Indeed White Christmas dominates.

“It’s a wonderful life”! It’s so beautiful and full of meaning, every time you watch it you find more and more :smiley:

What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That’s a pretty good idea. I’ll give you the moon, Mary. …] Then you can swallow it, and it’ll all dissolve, see… and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair…

If I were to watch only one Christmas movie each year, it would be “It’s a Wonderful Life”. I used to love it when it came on multiple times each December, and I would watch it multiple times in response.

DGB

Christmas Vacation, hands down. Then Elf, then A Christmas Story.

It’s a Wonderful Life
Scrooged
A Christmas Story

I also love The Nativity Story that came out in 2005.:smiley:

Ohhh! Thank you so much for the reference to The Nativity Story. Now I’ll actually know what to look for!

Top four: A Christmas Story, It’s a Wonderful Life, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and A Charlie Brown Christmas! :stuck_out_tongue: It is the most wonderful time of the year.

It’s a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story
The Little Drummer Boy

I am so glad to see a Christmas Thread!!! Christmas is my favorite holiday.

Christmas Vacation, Its A Wonderful Life, White Christmas, The Lemon Drop Kid and A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott)

Scrooge with Alistair Sim

Muppet Christmas Carol

A Christmas Story

Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
Charlie Brown Christmas - -
(These two premiered the same year and I’ve watched them almost every year since.)

A Christmas Carol - GC Scott
An American Christmas Carol (Henry Winkler)

And a movie that isn’t a Christmas Movie per-se…Bells of St Mary’s
…It has a great Christmas scene in it.

Oh - and one I haven’t seen mentioned yet…The Bishop’s Wife.

Peace
James

Best version of A Christmas Carol.

While it may not be a feel good holiday movie, I like The Lion in Winter.

For me I think its a tie between " Its a Wonderful Life" and" Miracle on 34th St".
I try to watch them both every year along with " A Chrismas Carol"

Which version of “A Christmas Carol” are we talking about here? Last I checked, there’s the animated version where Tim Curry was the voice of Scrooge.

Each year I watch “Scrooge” (the one with Albert Finney) while wrapping Christmas presents.

Scrooge fan here also. Can’t go through a Christmas season without watching it – the classic black and white version is preferred, whilst drinking a hot chocolate candy cane / peppermint tea, but there are so many versions of this now, that any kind is good!

As a kid, I’ve always loved Santa Claus 1 and 3 though!!! It just brings back good memories!!! :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.