What are your favorite COMEDY movies of all time?

The ones that really made you laugh out loud.:slight_smile:

and still do.:slight_smile:

Caddyshack, nothing funnier than Rodney Dangerfield vs Ted Knight

Overboard with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. Outstandingly funny.

Anything with Tony Randall, his minor roles in those Rock Hudson-Doris Day comedies were pretty funny. Woody Allen’s “Annie Hall” and “Love and Death” are some of my favorites. He and Diane Keaton made a good comedic team; in “Love and death” the plot itself is pretty ridiculous, a Russian serf attempts to assassinate Napoleon. Probably the best comedic actor of all time to my mind is Gene Wilder, his most notable performance was 'Young Frankenstein". His speech before animating the Frankenstein monster was so absurdly grandiose, “tonight we shall ascend the heavens, we shall mock the earthquake!” Gene Wilder was completely Zany, eccentric, scatter-brained, and sharp-witted. That was evident in “Willy Wonka”. He could have masterfully played the mad hatter if he wanted to; I feel that was the role he was born to play and never played. “The Women” is a camp classic too. Rosalind Russell was the highlight. Also, some others; “Sister act”, “Silver Streak”, “Clue”, “Murder by Death”, “Clifford”, “Mrs. Doubtfire”, and “The Producers”.

“Arsenic and Old Lace” starring Cary Grant, Raymond Massey and Peter Lorre.

Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, No Time for Seargents, The Odd Couple
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
:slight_smile:

What’s Up Doc with Barbra Streisand and Ryan O’Neal
youtube.com/watch?v=jY491fCK6UY

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Blazing Saddles and Airplane. :takeoff:

Sons of the Desert and The Music Box, both starring Laurel and Hardy.

The Last Time I Saw Archie with Jack Webb, Robert Mitchum, and the Steve Allen gang. You have to have been in the military to appreciate this one fully. :yup:

“The Jerk” starring Steve Martin.

“Clue” with Tim Curry, Angel Landsbury, Christopher Lloyd and a host of others. No matter what, this movie makes me laugh :stuck_out_tongue:

‘Signs’ with Mel Gibson.

Cable Guy, Dumb and Dumber, Heavyweights, too many to choose from really.

In light of the season… Ghostbusters! :thumbsup:

Animal Crackers, Duck Soup

Hitch
Leap Year
When in Rome

Airplane
Trading places
Vacation

Airplane - one of the funniest movies ever made. “Stop calling me Shirley!”

Blazing Saddles

Young Frankenstein

Buster Keaton movies

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.