What are your favorite MUSICAL movies of all time?

Mine are Singin’ in the Rain (just watched it on Blu-ray, looks and sounds awesome) and West Side Story.

How about you?

My Fair Lady definitely.

Fiddler on the Roof,Paint Your Wagon,Sound of Music,South Pacific,just to name a few;)

Definitely The Sound of Music

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Fiddler on the Roof

not a musical but great back round music The Quite Man :eek:;):stuck_out_tongue:

I slightly prefer Man of La Mancha over Les Misérables. But I love Cyd Charisse in Singin’ in the Rain.

I don’t care for most musical films but two I do like are Fiddler on the Roof and Cabaret.

My family and I just had this discussion several weeks ago. We agreed that the following musical movies set the standard for all others. They are, in no particular order:

My Fair Lady
The Sound of Music
The King and I
West Side Story
Fiddler on the Roof

The Music Man is such a great movie!

Well there’s ah, y’know, there’s always … umm … When it comes to musicals [ATTACH]15263[/ATTACH]

Err, hold on a sec. Is ‘Mary Poppins’ a musical? I know I like that one as it always leaves me in a great mood. And I can watch it more than once without remembering if it’s a musical or not. And that’s a good thing.

Yes:)

:thumbsup: My choice, too.

The King and I
Carousel
Fiddler on the Roof
Meet Me in St. Louis

I thought I hated musicals.
Then I remembered “White Christmas”. I love the banter between Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye.

Oh! Paint Your Wagon!! Good choice there, they call the wind Mariah and others in that movie I play in my head ever so often.

I’m sure there are others I just forget them.

However, as to Les Miserables, I envision that more as a play, same with JC Superstar but I do like the music to it as well as Evita.

I’ve been such a fan of Les Miserables, I got the French original CDs. Just in my own personal view, the English is an improvement but what else would I think? The English version had a few innovations to the plus versus the original which I would date around 1978.

How could I have forgotten White Christmas,absolutely my favorite Christmas pic;)

Holiday Inn

White Christmas

Bye Bye Birdie

Paint Your Wagon

Now that I think of it, I’m surprised no one has mentioned The Wizard of Oz.

It’s one of two Judy Garland musicals I own on DVD, the other being Meet Me In St. Louis.

Westside Story
Fiddler on the Roof
King and I
Chicago
U2 Concert Movie from the late 80s
Bye Bye Birdie
7 Brides for 7 Brothers

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.