What are your Favorite TV Commercials?

Just curious, what are some of you guys’ favorite television commercials ??

I love the GEICO commercials with the Cavemen. Those crack me up.

I love the Capital One credit card commercial in which the dragonslayer comes back for his reward and the King gives him his hideous daughter (and when “she” walks out, the horses start to whinney in terror cuz she is so ugly).

I get a kick out of the commercial for MUCINEX medicine cuz the artists managed to make a big green blob of mucus look like Jackie Gleason.

And cuz I love dogs, I love the K-9 ADVANTIX commercials with the little white puppy singing either “Hello mother, hello father” or the newer one where the pup sings “There ain’t no bugs on me”

Anybody else have any favorite tv commercials?

“Crunchlets? I have crunchlets?”

The AFLAC commercial with Yogi Beara (Sp?).

“And they give you cash which is just the same as money!”

Just cracks me up every time :rotfl:

Sorry if people here couldn’t understand my choices.

A Caritas Manila commercial where this guy came from a fastfood. He saw a beggar in the throngs of people passing by. This beggar was hidden by the crowds and, for a moment, we see Jesus in the place of the beggar. The guy goes in and hands the beggar the food he bought, and again for a moment, we see the man turn into Jesus handing the food to the beggar.

I might post some later, I’ll just think up of more.

The ads for the sleeping pills with Abraham Lincoln, the cranky beaver and the silent guy in the deep sea diver suit.

I’m a caveman fan myself. Where did that trash commercial for Mastercard come from? I’ve haven’t seen that one, and once is enough. X rated for sure.

Why would anybody have a favourite TV commercial?

I remember once hearing a talk by a Christian life-coach guy who suggested this:

For one night, try video-taping everything you would have watched on TV. Then rewind the tape and, instead of watching the shows, just fast-forward through the shows and watch the commercials back to back. You’ll be shocked by just how much propaganda you are exposed to, and the views and tactics used by advertisers to make you believe you need their product.

He said he threw out his TV after he did this. I have certainly started watching a lot less of it myself.

gollly…I cant think when I last watched the idiot box:thumbsup:

You know, sometimes the commercials are more entertaining than the shows are. All in all, most prime time tv is just terrible.

“walking upright, discovering fire, inventing the wheel, laying the foundation for all mankind. Good point. Sorry we couldn’t get that to you sooner.”

Those are great. I like the gecko ones too.

I love the Capital One credit card commercial in which the dragonslayer comes back for his reward and the King gives him his hideous daughter (and when “she” walks out, the horses start to whinney in terror cuz she is so ugly).

Another one I like.
I also like all of the Aflac commercials, especially the one where the duck gets spun around in the hammock and lands in the guy’s swimming pool.

Usually the commercials during the Super Bowl are great, and we get to see the better ones for a while afterwards; but this year most of the Super Bowl commercials were lame.

Have you seen the new commercials about the income tax deadline? A woman is waiting on a bus and a guy taps her on the shoulder to ask the time and she freaks out? “I DON’T NEED THE PRESSURE” she says!! Too funny!!

I also like the GEICO caveman commercials, but one of my all-time favorites is the EDS cat-herding commercial:

youtube.com/watch?v=_UAwZKL4_0w

Crazy Internet Junkies Society (Mudgie/Junkie Hybrid)
Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag

I remembered the commercial but not the product. I think that is why it’s gone. It is funny as heck, but nobody remembered what they were advertising.

I couldn’t remember, either, but I love cats, so it didn’t matter. :smiley:

Crazy Internet Junkies Society (Mudgie/Junkie Hybrid)
Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag

That Cat Herders commercial is hysterical.
I love cats too.

there is one commercial, i forget what the product is, but the cat is searching for her litter box. she’s online trying to find it and she later calls the cops… that one is funny.

the caveman ones are my favorite.

the cave men r my favorite!!:rotfl:

one commercial i think is creepy is that one popcorn commercial with orvil redennbacher, or however you spell his name. the thought of a dead guy selling popcorn…:eek:

I love the caveman ones too. “yes, I’ll have the roast duck with the mango salsa” Cracks me up!

I do love the radio commericals “Real Men of Genius”

And Guinness beer with the cut out men “BRILLIANT!”

“Apply previously learned lesson in moderation to drinking Guinness? BRILLIANT!!”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.