What book are you currently reading?

There used to be a topic about this, but I guess it got purged.

Anyway, I’m currently reading Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens, my favorite author. Liking it so far.

I must have been reading over 15 books in parallel before vacation, so I gave myself a break and only touch 1 book every other day…

I just started Hitler, the War, an the Popel Only on page 16, but I think is well written so far.

Great thread.

I’m reading Jonah Goldberg - Suicide of the West

And a great book I picked up at a local Parish. Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist by Brant Pitre with a foreword by Scott Hahn.

BTW some parishes have a great selection of Catholic reading material including books, pamphlets, booklets even CDs. I’ve gotten dozens of items from local parishes. It’s free but they ask for a small donation.

I just started reading “And then there were none” by Agatha Christie.

The book by Mr. Pitre is excellent.
Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the book I am currently reading so I will wait to post books on this thread.

The Prayer That Jesus Taught, by Fr. Gerry Pierse, CSsR

C.S. Lewis The Chronicle of Narnia The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

“Anna Karenina” by Leo Tolstoy. Without a shadow of doubt: a great classic novel.

The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.

The Descent by Jeff Long

“Catholic Mass for Dummies”

Starting RCIA in a few weeks.

The Shape of Catholic Theology by Aidan Nichols OP (I’ve always been interested in theology and philosophy.)

At the moment Marcus Aurelius, Augustus, and The Bones of St. Peter.

This week

Listen to the Silence A Retreat with Pere Jacques

and I just received The Swiss Army Knife Book by Felix Immler

Seven Lies About Catholic History: Infamous Myths about the Church’s Past and How to Answer Them, by Diane Moczar.

Objetive and tempered with good humor, this book is a must have to all catholics who intend to defend their institution publicly.

Renegades by Marissa Meyer.

Starting to read City of God by St.Augustine.Just finished reading The Lamb’s Supper:The Mass as Heaven on Earth by Dr.Scott Hahn.

Purple Hibiscus by Chimamamanda Ngozi Adichie, a Nigerian author. It received excellent reviews from The Washington Post, The New York Times, and Boston Globe. I’m half-way through now, and, so far, I agree with those reviews.

“Interior Prayer” (Carthusian Novice Conferences), by a Carthusian.

I find it very inspiring! I still occasionally watch the DVD of the Carthusians “Into Great Silence”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.