What book did you just finish reading?

Greetings to Catholic Answers Forum,

There is another thread that is similar to this one. But I wanted to know what everyone had just finished reading.

As I finish reading book, I am going to post to this thread. I wonder how voracious we Catholic Answers Forum posters are.

If you are reading Catholic related books can you include what you thought of the book and if you recommend it? I am always looking for new books.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

Greetings to those reading and or posting in this thread,

I just finished reading Anne of Green Gables.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates

“A Wizard of Earthsea” by Ursula K. LeGuin. I would recommend it. It’s a trilogy so I’m reading the second one now.

[quote="Oren, post:4, topic:256568"]
"A Wizard of Earthsea" by Ursula K. LeGuin. I would recommend it. It's a trilogy so I'm reading the second one now.

[/quote]

Greetings Oren,

Sounds interesting. I will look into these.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

I have not recently finished a book, but I am starting one tonight that I am VERY excited about.

It's called Witness to Hope: The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel.

It's going to be awesome! Just thought I'd share!

God bless,
Paul

[quote="PJD1987, post:6, topic:256568"]
I have not recently finished a book, but I am starting one tonight that I am VERY excited about.

It's called Witness to Hope: The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel.

It's going to be awesome! Just thought I'd share!

God bless,
Paul

[/quote]

Greetings PJD1987,

I have heard many good things about that book. Please by all means do share when you get the book read. I am thinking of reading that book as well.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

"The Mercy" by Beverly Lewis, the last book in "The Rose Trilogy" (for those unfamiliar with Beverly Lewis, she writes novels set in the Amish community and culture) and "Dog On It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery" by Spencer Quinn.

[quote="bluerose, post:8, topic:256568"]
"The Mercy" by Beverly Lewis, the last book in "The Rose Trilogy" (for those unfamiliar with Beverly Lewis, she writes novels set in the Amish community and culture) and "Dog On It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery" by Spencer Quinn.

[/quote]

Greetings Bluerose,

I like Beverly Lewis's books very much. I have not gotten time to read the new trilogy.

I have to say my favorite series about the Amish by here is the "The Shunning" series, which name escapes recollection at the moment.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

[quote="Anathama_Sit, post:7, topic:256568"]
Greetings PJD1987,

I have heard many good things about that book. Please by all means do share when you get the book read. I am thinking of reading that book as well.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

[/quote]

Dear Anathema,

I couldn't help myself and skipped to the chapter about JPII's election. I found a very thorough and thoughtful analysis of Paul VI, Vatican II and his struggles towards the end of his papacy in the mid-1970s, a brief introduction to JPI's papacy that reflected the Albino Luciani's likability factor, his holiness and his ill health (no stupid conspiracy theories), and then an in depth look at JPII's papability, his last days in Krakow, and his subsequent election. I was VERY pleased with the balanced approach, the thoughtful nature of the prose, and the overall readability of the book. I am looking forward to reading the book as a whole, and already know I can highly recommend it!

God bless,
Paul

[quote="PJD1987, post:10, topic:256568"]
Dear Anathema,

I couldn't help myself and skipped to the chapter about JPII's election. I found a very thorough and thoughtful analysis of Paul VI, Vatican II and his struggles towards the end of his papacy in the mid-1970s, a brief introduction to JPI's papacy that reflected the Albino Luciani's likability factor, his holiness and his ill health (no stupid conspiracy theories), and then an in depth look at JPII's papability, his last days in Krakow, and his subsequent election. I was VERY pleased with the balanced approach, the thoughtful nature of the prose, and the overall readability of the book. I am looking forward to reading the book as a whole, and already know I can highly recommend it!

God bless,
Paul

[/quote]

Greetings Paul,

Thank you so much. I probably would have skipped to that Chapter as well. I am putting this book down on the To Get list. I am very much devoted to Blessed Pope John Paul II and I like reading everything that I can get my hands on to read about him.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. I was totally ready to be done with it.:o

"The Scapegoat", by Daphne Du Maurier. Now you know why "Rebecca" was on my mind...too funny!

[quote="Anathama_Sit, post:9, topic:256568"]
Greetings Bluerose,

I like Beverly Lewis's books very much. I have not gotten time to read the new trilogy.

I have to say my favorite series about the Amish by here is the "The Shunning" series, which name escapes recollection at the moment.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

[/quote]

I believe that series is called "The Heritage of Lancaster County".

[quote="Phaedra777, post:13, topic:256568"]
"The Scapegoat", by Daphne Du Maurier. Now you know why "Rebecca" was on my mind...too funny!

[/quote]

Greetings Phaedra777,

Now I know why. This is a great way to get ideas of new books to read as people finish them they can post them.

I have seen several that have piqued my interest so far.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

[quote="bluerose, post:14, topic:256568"]
I believe that series is called "The Heritage of Lancaster County".

[/quote]

Greetings Bluerose,

That is correct. I knew what it would be as soon as I saw the name listed. Thanks.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

Eragon.

It's a tragedy my library only has the first book. -.-

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XiMvBs-YL.BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01.jpg

One Second After
Mass Market Paperback: $9.99 Kindle Edition: $9.99

April 26, 2011

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/x-locale/common/customer-reviews/ratings/stars-4-0.V192251205.gif http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/x-locale/common/carrot.V192251235.gif(746)

Expand See Book Details

You won't expect this, but it's an excellent book.%between%

Just finished reading "There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind" By Antony Flew and Roy Abraham Varghese

Loved it. I'll be reading it over and over for reflection.

Shelly M.
The Mom With Brownies Blogger
Founder: Free Homeschooling 101

I loved Anne of Green Gables :) My father, who used to travel a lo,t wouldbring me a book in the series every time he returned home.

I have just finished reading "Deep Conversion, Deep Prayer" by Fr Thomas Dubay If anyone was looking to deepen their prayer life I would certainly recommend this book, perhaps after Fr Dubay's Prayer Primer. *Fire Within *by the same author would complete the trilogy.

I am a quarter way through Fr Barron's Catholicism and it is fantastic!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.