What book(s) are you reading?

I’m currently reading Drawn Into the Mystery of Jesus by Jean Vanier.

Right now I’m reading a study guide on the synoptics from the Come and See series.

The Priest is not his own by Fulton Sheen i am almost done i am on the 14th chapter and he is talking about why you need to make a holy hour and why priest need too . It’s a good book i think anyone who is going to discern priesthood needs to read that book .

“Saints vs. Scoundrels” and “mother Angelica”

A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War: How J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis Rediscovered Faith, Friendship, and Heroism in the Cataclysm of 1914-1918.

I just read Dr Taylor Marshalls Thomas Aquinas in 50 pages it was great.

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.
She’s a Protestant spiritual writer who delves into the problem of pain and our response to it.

For the New Year I’m wanting to delve deeper into studying the Bible. So I’m reading
“The Catholic Bible Study Handbook” by Jerome Kodell, O.S.B.

I’m also reading “Manual for Spiritual Warfare” by Paul Thigpen.

“Doors in the Walls of the World” by Peter Kreeft.

I’ll have to check that Bible study book out. Thanks.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

I’ve printed out and bound 6 years worth of my posts :nerd_face: I shall now sit down and read my book :open_book:

I am going through ‘Introduction to Christianity’ by Benedict with the Priest in lieu of RCIA.

One of my all time favorite books is Introduction to Christianity. I actually got interested in it before I considered converting.

Ascent of Mount Carmel by St John of the Cross :latin_cross:

Oh cool. I would love to read that chapter. He was the main person, I think, that got me started on making Holy Hours. :smiley:

:thinking:

Yoda

Finishing up The Deification of Man: Saint Gregory Palamas and the Orthodox Tradition by Georgios Mantzaridis and next on the list, An Exact Exposition of the Orthodox Faith by Saint John of Damascus.

ZP

No man is an Island - Thomas Merton

I just checked out The Lord of the Rings (in entirety). I’ve never read it so this should be fun

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.