What book(s) are you reading?

I’ll keep an eye out for it. Thus far, Island of the World has been my favorite.

Can anyone suggest a book on theology ? Or perhaps, a novel related to it? I consider myself married to books but so far, haven’t looked into these.

I had to study that in college.

If you want something easy to read, try:

St. Thomas Aquinas: The Dumb Ox by G.K. Chesterton.

This is good too:

It’s the Summa in simplified form for laymen (yes, I have it :wink:).

Some I’ve started, some I need to finish and some I need to start. Will try to be doing that.

5 Likes

Strangers to the City - Fr. Michael Casey O.C.S.O.

The Selfless Self; Finding Stillness, Silence and Simplicity, by Laurence Freeman

We had a copy of One Day In the Life of Ivan Denisovich (my brother had to read it in either high school or college). I read it and TBH it was extremely powerful.

“Hidden Mountain, Secret Garden” Dr. Anthony Lillies (A Theological Contemplation on Prayer - Catholic perspective)

“This is a wonderful book. I’ve taught spiritual theology many years and I wish I had had this text use. In fact, I wish I had written this book. It is scriptural, patristic, historical, theological, mystical, experiential and user friendly. Dr. Lilles takes us through the spiritual journey of prayer, citing Fathers and doctors, saints and even sinners to guide us on our Christian way toward contemplation. Weaving many themes into a harmonious whole, he opens up the life of contemplation for all Christians, our baptismal birthright in a way that is accessible and attractive. This is a book one will read more than once.
FR. GILES DIMOCK, O.P., S.T.D University Parish of St. Thomas Aquinas At the University of Virginia”

‘Cool Gardens’ by Serj Tankian. It’s poetry that covers a wide variety of topics.

Covid-19 red Pilled by James Perloff

Amazon won’t sell it.
But you can get a pdf copy here:

The Perennial Philosophy, by Aldous Huxley.

The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens

My hard copy of Fratelli Tutti arrived from the USCCB, so now I’ll be reading that too :+1:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.